The greatest moment in the history of conservative comedy

It’s not a news network. Not at all.

3 Likes

I used to think “family values” meant fuck everyone who isn’t a heterosexual breeder. Now I realize it means fuck everyone who isn’t rich, white, and powerful.

5 Likes

Ah yes, “family” in the old plantation sense. Shudders

8 Likes

Nice

1 Like

I think that’s what she was trying to get at. Resigning suddenly to spend time with your family often means you got caught doing something quite horrible.

Sometimes, though, it means someone in your family is very ill.

1 Like

Interestingly, I think that also comes directly from the “How to Gaslight,” playbook. I’d like to see that Venn diagram.

I didn’t see the whole segment, but it seemed like the point she was making is that there are other valid reasons for wanting to take a break, for those without kids, for example. But no one was arguing that, and that was quite the feat of mental gymnastics to go from, “Jimmy’s taking a break to hang with his family,” to, “How dare you tell me, a childless adult that spending time with family is THE ONLY valid reason for taking a break,” to, “If your baby has claws you need to call a priest.” I got a bit of whiplash, I did.

So misunderstood in her time, and ever after. /s

7 Likes

You need to remember that the right have used this as an excuse for decades.
Caught with a hooker laying on piles of money in a cheap hotel room; “I’m retiring to spend more time with my family”. When someone not from the right leaves to actually spend more time with their actual family, the right sees it as “hooker - money - scandal”, because that’s what they’re used to.

5 Likes

“First of all, I’m very sorry for what I said in the last segment. I was just trying to make a lighthearted joke. I had no idea. I’m sorry to Jimmy Kimmel, and I am sorry to America. I had no idea and I’m very sorry, I’m an idiot.”

Quite possibly the most honest thing a fox news talking anus has ever said? :thinking:

5 Likes

But HEY! It’s their brand!!

1 Like

The talking anus is dead, long live the talking anus!

5 Likes

When does she start her new job with the tRump administration?

Huh! ~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

“Kat takes time off to spend more time with her cat.“

1 Like

Alternate #2 is to double down and say that you’re just speaking the truths that everybody else is to “politically correct” to say.

6 Likes

Possibly former Senator Al Franken

5 Likes

Don’t give away the real trick. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Perhaps.

There was a bit in ‘79, where Franken announced the end of the “Me Decade” and the beginning of the “Al Franken Decade.” Ten years later, Dennis Miller announced the end of the “Al Franken Decade.” (Can’t recall what it was replaced with.)

This does seem to point to rivalry, collaboration, or perhaps both.

Can’t find video, but here’s one transcript for the curious:

2 Likes

I am very familiar with the Al Franken decade, having spent the entire ten years thinking about what I could do for him, Al Franken.

Not sure what Miller’s relationship with Franken was, though I do know that he returned to the show as a writer in 1985 and stayed for ten more years, so I am guessing he is probably responsible for at least some of the funny things that came out of Miller’s mouth

2 Likes

What dark magic is this!?!?!?

2 Likes