The guy who always has a knife

I don’t even know a knife guy, and this is still hilarious!

I use my SAK’s special tool for helping to get old ladies out of horses’ hooves.

(But an SAK is a tool, not a “knife” like the one the idiot here has. And I’m glad that was a US skit, because it would not be so funny here in UK right now. Anyone with a knife over here is not gonna boast about it, but just use it.)

3 Likes

And a hip flask.

6 Likes

So the gentleman part of this is if someone has forgotten their lighter and cannot light their own candle and say excuse me kind sir may I borrow your lighter so as to light the candle for my Bagna caoda?

2 Likes

The clever workaround to this is carrying an xacto blade on you. If you’re the sort to draw a lot that is, in my younger years i always carried at all times a pencil case, which had the xacto blade holder and a pack of super sharp blades. I accidentally traveled on airplanes with them for years before i realized i probably shouldn’t be taking them to the airport.

2 Likes

https://media.virascoop.com/images/2017/03/30075903/funny-amazon-reviews-118-57b59cb5cc274__700-800x953.jpg

23 Likes

I used my knife just yesterday to help a lady open a bag of kitty litter so she could put it under her wheels (while I was helping push her stuck car out of a snowdrift).

I have this tiny little knife on my keychain. I call it the TSA special, because usually it goes past them.

5 Likes

You are (nearly) my hero. :wink:

And at a pinch, that nail-filey/screwdrivery thing might prise an old lady out of a horse’s hoof just enough to then cut her free, but I wouldn’t rely on it. But your TSA special is better than nothing though, and far, far better than a “knife”, for sure. Good choice.

2 Likes

Reason to carry a small cutting tool: Opening extremely durable plastic packaging, that’s been sealed around a small delicate device or part.

6 Likes

I typed this with a knife.

So I should be fine.

7 Likes

Many restaurants frown on customers removing dowels from the chair to make a bow-drill.

5 Likes

The Gerber Dime has a blade specifically intended for this task with a reverse angle so you can pull the blade instead of pushing it. I have yet to try it, but having sliced my hand open on more than one occasion while trying to open that tough plastic, I like the idea.

1 Like

As someone who has spent a long time trying to find the perfect EDC pocket knife under $30, I feel attacked. (Current top contender is the CRKT Squid.)

4 Likes

Indeed. But needing to always display your pen or multi-tool or hip flask or knife isn’t gentlemanly at all.

7 Likes

I bewildered by a world where they can make plastic that strong, but couldn’t get the tiles to stick to the space shuttle.

3 Likes

On the other hand, I’d rather that those who are so inclined keep to trying to one-up each other by comparing knives rather than actually dropping their pants.

2 Likes

I think the purpose of that packaging is to require you to destroy it so completely that you’d be embarrassed to return a defective product.

5 Likes

It’s not an either or proposition?

1 Like

I guess it depends on how much one’s knives, hip flasks, and multitools weigh down one’s trousers.

4 Likes

Carry a purse.

10 Likes