The guy who always has a knife

But that’s a -3 to manliness!

Personally, once I gave up on manliness and switched to women’s jeans and consequently found it necessary to carry a purse, I realized that my knife carrying capacity increased.

6 Likes

Not when it’s a tactical single strap bag with MOLLE loops and spot for a Velcrod morale patch or two and a trauma kit inside. That’s like a +4 manliness.

Also - yes - I always have a knife. I can’t promise it will be sharp…

you had to be that guy

4 Likes

Substitute “phone” for “hip flask,” and eliminate the single-purpose knife, and I resemble that remark.

5 Likes

If not atrial fibrillation, then acute flatulence.

3 Likes

Look, the whole point is to super-conspicuously signal my masculinity through things I have purchased. There is no place for discretion in that.

2 Likes

I…think you’re proving my point?

1 Like

The only knife you really ‘need’ to carry around is a pen knife on your keychain. I’ve gone through multiple mini Swiss army knives, and have advanced to the Gerber Dime. I use it every day for something (this weekend I used the pliers to unstick the buttons on our building keypad that got jammed from the freezing rain.)

But yes, I’ve met the “knife guy” before.

1 Like

It’s great. I have one of those Dimes on my keyring because it’s just that small. I never need a “full sized” pocketknife, but having a tiny little thing which has a sharp edge, pliers and a bottle-opener all in one package does come in handy sometimes.

2 Likes

“Amateur.” —Typhoid Mary

11 Likes

It’s what I do. I even mostly wear men’s pants - i just got tired of the thing i want always being in my other pants.

4 Likes

My favorite EDC is theKershaw Leek.

4 Likes

I call shenanigans on this video. I mean, he has a knife. but does he whittle with it?

5 Likes

At a previous job, we had one of those floating around and I used it regularly - it’s an excellent knife and I was shocked at the abuse that it took (although we did manage to snap off the very tip of the blade). Several years after I moved away, one of my previous co-workers messaged me just to let me know that it was still going strong.

And his book will give you an aneurysm

3 Likes

Well, don’t come crying to me if you want to burn something down.

3 Likes

One word: Kapselheber.

If you call it a “go bag” and make sure it’s extra tactical your manliness is secured. And you get space for extra knives.

5 Likes

Studded leather?

Coach

6 Likes

PLASTIC BUCKLES!

3 Likes