The home urinal movement

If you’re going to do it, you need to go all out and get one like the one at Deschutes Brewery in Portland.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted a urinal in my bathroom for years. It is how I will know I’ve really arrived.

1 Like

That was my excuse for not peeing in the shower. My college friends razzed my that I was a WASP which they defined as someone who gets out of the shower to pee.

Many years later I crossed that mental barrier (or whatever), can’t remember why, when or where, now I’m like a Clydesdale in there.

5 Likes

I’ve pondered on my future homeownership (god knows when) but i know i definitely want a urinal. Convenience being the main motivator, i see that the waterless types are not very well recommended looking through the comments.

2 Likes

Urinals for some, miniature american flags for others, and bidets for anyone who wants to pamper their pompis.

I’m planning on surprising my wife (with a bidet, not a urinal) who will be returning just before her birthday. Hoping I can find a way to put one that will be able to take the sting off the cold water but not require an extra electrical line, hopefully such a thing exists.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that rambunctious mischievous children in some households would misuse the urinal in at least one particular way.

2 Likes

I sense a Big Black’s Kitty Empire vibe here.

*Rather NSFW, easily googled.

3 Likes

If I had room for one more fixture in a bathroom, I think I’d go with a bidet before a urinal.

4 Likes

I once suggested guttering down my side of the bed so I could just roll over and pee in the middle of the night. Turns out I am not even Leonard of Quirm-level of inventor, or so I was vehemently informed…

12 Likes

I’m going to hard pass on having urine splashed all over the room.

2 Likes

I always characterise that as having a shower that doesn’t go freezing cold when someone uses another tap in the house. British plumbing, yo.

2 Likes

I will 100% put a urinal in the first house I own with enough room to take it. Now, I’ll want a tile floor there to make it easier to keep clean, but urinals are great. No Sitzpinkeln, danke sehr.

1 Like

Who needs a urinal when you have a perfectly good sink.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Meh… just pee in the sink with the stream tangential to the sink wall. A quick rinse and it’s gone. Unless you have a UTI, it’s sanitary and no damn splashing.

Urinals are gross af

Shower stalls people. Shower stalls.

4 Likes

Great idea until you need to drop a deuce.

1 Like

I got out of that situation last move and I highly recommend it. I don’t think it is as good as your own urinal in the home bathroom, but it can’t be far off.

1 Like

What’s especially bad is when they manage to miss one of the floor-length ones. How does one even do that?

7 Likes

3 Likes