The honest trailer for 'Hackers' is a trip down memory lane

Originally published at: The honest trailer for 'Hackers' is a trip down memory lane | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Kate Mckinnon Cringe GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Computer programmer family members were howling about this.

Painfully funny to watch but I do love the Honest Trailers® snark.

5 Likes

Déjà vu (Reboing).

3 Likes
6 Likes

“I hope you don’t screw like you type.”

With two fingers and lots of typographical errors?

5 Likes

I will repeat, the sound track is still a solid example of electronica.

11 Likes

The clip in question

Oh, we were so naive about the internet

6 Likes

“Hack the planet!”

(twenty years later we’re sitting behind our keyboards typing the next fake news article that will bring down a democratically elected government in South America as we feed our cynical voters pandemic misinformation and check the value of our horse dewormer stocks)

5 Likes

The movie Hackers is art

Angry The End GIF by Robert E Blackmon

4 Likes

Hacking Jonny Lee Miller GIF

Jinx @cepheus42

coca cola coke GIF

6 Likes

I’d argue that Rez would’ve been a better addition than Cowgirl but I did have to do a doubletake to see if Ganja Kru’s Sharpshooter was included in the OST since it was in the Honest Trailer.

1 Like

“Ever read Neuromancer?”

… because that’s literally the only thing any of our scriptwriters have read about this subject. And this is 1994, and there is nothing else that anyone has written on the subject anywhere at this time — as far as the scriptwriters know.

3 Likes

Some movies are so bad that they’re funny. Other movies are so bad that I can only watch them with the help of MST3K, Bad Lipreading, or Honest Trailers.

1 Like

My personal favorite Underworld is Rez that mixes into Cowgirl on the Everything Everything live album. (Still frustrated that their 1992-2002 double disk album has those songs on two different CDs)

so a 90’s computer hacker was at walmart today

from

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.