The Internet Archive's Trump Archive will ensure that Trump's U-turns and lies can always be challenged

Really? I had no idea. I’m so sorry about your dog then. :frowning2:

Not that question lol [quote=“M_M, post:35, topic:92415”]

Have you looked much round the Internet Archive, BTW?
[/quote]

This

IT IS ABOUT ETHICS IN JOURNALISM, THAT IS WHAT IT IS ABOUT

3 Likes

I’m reffering to another author (a writer for Vice) from another topic

The author for this article is on the right track

Your loss then. I mean, really, you’re missing out on a metric fuck-tonne of cool stuff there.

4 Likes

I’m going to guess that the Trump administration will treat “ethics” as an opportunity to smear their enemies. “Ethics” will depart substantially from its traditional role in setting and maintaining objective standards of behavior.

2 Likes

Oh, I admit, Wikileaks’s actions are much worse.

But both are supposed to be neutral sources of information that you can’t find elsewhere. They’re supposed to be libraries. Any library having a political bias is a very bad thing.

LIke it or not, it’s part of the public consciousness now. Being able to hold public officials to account and the archival structure needed to do that doesn’t go away just because we don’t like the president and (rightfully) think he’s dangerous. If anything, his presidency makes this process MORE important, not less. The only thing dropping out will accomplish is just the thing we fear. If we want to make sure that the next election has a smooth transition of power to a new president, then we need to make sure that a solid record of this period of history endures.

2 Likes

Archiving the public record is critical to understanding the past.

1 Like

Wow… this thread seems to be full of people who have no idea why archives matter, both publicly funded, state directed archives and independent, non-profit ones. If we don’t archive this stuff, it will go away and our understanding of what happened during this period will never be complete and accurate.

As if I ever needed more proof of the importance of history in our education.

2 Likes

Yes, but the reason why i want him lower on the list on people to archive is because i am sure media outlets have already stored all that man’s shenanigans (to put it lightly) where as more obscured people like party leaders & Whips are likely to fly under the radar even though they have played a much bigger & important role
Or
Archive everyone at the same time but i don’t think that’s how that works :pensive:

So… you don’t want his public statements to be archived because you believe that his public statements are being archived?

(MEW!)

There’s no doubt there needs to be an archive, i believe that there are more pressing archives needed to be made, proper cohesive archives

When you put it like that, it sounds like he already has an archive, its just spread out between the various companies, in which case, we need to archive everyone else’s that i mentioned + more

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.