The joy of home improvement projects is captured in this TikTok

One of the main reasons I wanted to buy our house was that everything was soldered copper, every pipe was labeled and there were shutoff valves at every important junction, including the main line in and the break where it diverts water to the furnace. I’ve documented here before the misadventures of moving in and finding the p-trap in the bathtub was composed of nothing but calcium crust, but other than that, I’ve been able to correct every issue by tightening a valve stem cap or some other simple leak. It’s also a classic, boring ranch, so all utilities are consolidated into the furnace room, which is located in the center of the basement and will only freeze if things go really sideways.

One of my next projects has to be running an exterior line out to the front of the house as it only has one on the backside of the house which is basically a cliff. I keep fighting myself over my compulsion to just run Pex and make it easy vs doing it the right way. I’ll probably just run a hose around the house this year, though.

1 Like