The joy of stainless steel taco holders

Just thought I’d put in my $.02 for Goo Gone. That stuff is damn near magical when it comes to removing stickers and sticker residue - a couple of drops on a paper towel, waaaaay less rubbing than you think it’s gonna require, and it’s done. Make sure to wash thoroughly after eating off the cleaned surface, though - orange oil may be the magic ingredient, but it’s got plenty of petroleum distillates to keep it company.

6 Likes

American tacos (aka gabacho taco bell crud) - not my cup of tea. Lettuce? Maybe on the side. Tomato? In pico or salsa maybe. Shredded cheese? That’s either a quesadilla, gringa, or sincronazada. Fried tortilla? That’s a chip my friend. Hamburger meat? No. Never. Not ever.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Great. Now I’m holding a handful of nothing.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they can be put to other uses making them multitaskers, and that should be enough for Alton to love them. And they take up less space than his one unitasker.

2 Likes

I see your Goo Gone, and raise you an acetone.

But only pure acetone, and not in an enclosed space.

1 Like

Best for displaying tacos in a buffet, to ensure they are no longer at a safe temperature for consumption and rife with E.coli.

2 Likes

i guess to be fair you could also use his unitasker for breaking open walnuts, or something.

2 Likes

Wasteful solution. What you really want is Old El Paso’s “Stand 'n Stuff” taco shells - they stand up on their own by simply having a flat bottom:

https://www.oldelpaso.com/Products/shells-tortillas/Stand%20n%20Stuff%20Taco%20Shells%2010-count.aspx

You’re welcome.

And as for the people recommending ‘soft tacos’, you go to hell! Those are called ‘burritos’. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Come on folks… BACON TACO SHELLS!

Interlace six slices of bacon.
Lay them over the rack.
Set the rack on a baking sheet to catch the grease.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Let them cool, fill and eat!

6 Likes

I’ll be glad to sell you a nothing holder for only $3.85! It holds up to seven nothings!

3 Likes

After the events in Blade Runner the complicated Voight-Kampff replicant detecting test was superseded by the much simpler Taco Test.

10 Likes

Alternatively. Use a belt sander.

2 Likes

[quote=“tyger11, post:29, topic:75501”]
And as for the people recommending ‘soft tacos’, you go to hell! Those are called ‘burritos’.
[/quote]If any of us meant large flour soft tacos, yes. But we mean soft corn taco shells. The kind made in Mexico for tacos. Hard shell tacos are the abomination.

4 Likes

I rather like the hard shell tacos when it comes to americanized tacos, they’re rather satisfying but not something i’d want to eat often. If i’m having real taco stuffs you better give me a soft corn tortilla.

1 Like

I make all my tortillas out of cricket flour. Ideal for brain tacos.

6 Likes

There’s a special place in hell for people like you. :slight_smile:

If they’re willingly consuming Americanized tacos, they’re already living in it.

2 Likes

14 Likes

I realize you need to shill but, really?

0_o?

First - talk about gratuitous kitchen equipment.
Second - who uses hard taco shells?!

2 Likes