The Kelvin 23 Multi Tool is the worst thing I've ever bought

I still haven’t seen a multi-tool that’s any good. That’s why I carry three multi-tools in my pocket at all times. One is a four-way screwdriver, one is a small Swiss Army knife, and one is an ancient Leatherman mini tool that folds twice and is no longer made.

When I need to pound in nails, I go get a hammer. Not even the Leatherman is up to that task, and it’s solid steel.

This is the one I got from my grandfather. Use it all the time in the yard as it’s great for digging and trenching in the garden or making smaller rocks out of big ones.

Did not know that Estwing makes a whole series of geological tools - http://www.estwing.com/geological_tools.php

2 Likes

You really should level your spirit every 4000 karmas on the souldometer.

2 Likes

Great, now it’s racist as well.

The Estwing hammer reminds me of another joke from my hardware store days. I used to say the Estwing was, pound for pound, the best hammer available. It isn’t that funny, but it does cause your brain to do a double take, which is almost as good.

3 Likes

I bought a six of Sam Adams maple beer one time. Maple and beer, right? What could go wrong?

Tasted like a nasty stale beer waffle. I used to know someone who had Cheerios with beer for breakfast but this was way worse. This is what Denny’s would serve if it served beer.

I think I’ve trumped your puny little hammer knife.

For what it’s worth, being a hammer is probably the simplest task one could ask of a tool. Even Shure microphones can do that job, and are frequently advertised as such:

4 Likes

but… that’s the last place I want shitty tools.

I confess tho, my old timer 3 blade pocket knife is the only multi-tool I allow near me.

1 Like

Just passing by to shower heaps of love onto yet another of Rob’s always entertaining mini-reviews. They’re the best.

:sparkling_heart: :rainbow: :zap: :top:

2 Likes

Good thing there’s a spare bulb in the cap of the grievous bodily harm end. At least in genuine maglite combination illumination devices and cudgels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.