The Laws Of God And Men ring cold in Game of Thrones [s4e6]

Sir Pounce?

4 Likes

“Dinklage channels years and years of lived-in rage and disbelief, spitting at his father that he’s really on trial for being a dwarf.”

Meh. If Dinklage beats Woody for that 5 minutes of flat obviousness, wait 'til you see the display of rage I put on. (Getting sick of dogshit acting being lauded as high drama by Geeks… pops The Station Agent back in for some real acting from the great Dinklage.)

2 Likes

Well, I assume the most formidable fighter on the prosecutions side would be The Mountain… but they haven’t really hinted at it. And if that assumption is true… I think they’ve definitely set up how this is going to go.

The scene were he says to Pod “I will not let you die for me!” or whatever was really kind of awful.

Spoiler alert!
It is hinted in one of the trailers for this season.

1:09

Mountain Vs. …

I tire of the flayers vs rowers. Reek Bleak Sneak Meek Geek Shriek…Weak.

Theon Greyjoy was a dickhole from the getgo…he gets tortured by an even more evil person…now he’s a sympathetic character? Not to me. Plus his sister looks like Jon Snows Wilding GF with different hair and sealskin clothes…some more interesting casting would have been useful in this case.

“Release The Hounds!” Because after defeating armored armed men…nothing is scarier than barking dogs. Run Flee Escape!

The speech by Tyrion is an absolute gem though…Can’t wait for some Lannister payback.

Haven’t seen it yet, but I’m pretty sure that any conversation between Oberyn and Varys is probably original to the series, as were the convos between Varys and Littlefinger, since none of them are POV characters. (For those who haven’t read the book: all of the chapters are told from the point of view of one of the characters–the only time you have major conversations between two non-POV characters is when a POV character witnesses it.)

The actress who plays Yara looks absolutely nothing like Rose Leslie.

1 Like

‘Maybe. To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different…or to shepherds.’

Wilding girl: cool…and believable. Theon’s Sis: a shouting cipher…could be anyone.

Perhaps the actress is a genius waiting for her moment; but so far, I for one would not follow her to a distant 7-11…much less a defended fortress.

Actually, I think Ramsay Snow is shaping up to be quite the exemplary villain - destroying Theon’s identity and then resurrecting it as nothing more than an act by Reek would be an absolute masterpiece of skulduggery.

Interested to see how Alfie Allen pulls that one off… I found him reasonably convincing as Reek, but playing Reek playing Theon would be quite the challenge…

2 Likes

Given who lives there, I think it should be Eerie.

2 Likes

Sure, if they had axes, that would work as well! And if they didn’t, literally just chucking a sword at him really hard would have been enough to prevent him from unlocking those cages.

They did have axes. The first guy that Theon’s sister killed as she was climbing over the wall got himself an axe in the forehead, if memory serves. Axes are one of the main weapons that the Ironborn use.

1 Like

Ramsay is a real pantomime baddy (you remember that bit in Cinderella where Buttons chops of Prince Charming’s man bits and waggles them in his face). I am well disposed to him because I really enjoyed Iwan Rheon’s work in Misfits. Hopefully he will come to a very sticky end… leers… waggles eyebrows… bites sausage…

1 Like

Chuck Norris?

Well then, all the more reason they should have chucked something at him.

I want to give you something to think about here. This should be considered a SPOILER ALERT, so don’t read beyond this paragraph (nay, even this very sentence!) if you don’t want to risk a vague, spoilery hint that doesn’t spell anything out, but does give hints at what may come.

Keep in mind, I have not caught up with the series, but have read the books, so you know where my knowledge comes from, and it isn’t guaranteed to be accurate because the series does vary from time to time from the books. Think that’s enough spoiler cushion yet?

What if someone steps up and decides to fight as Tyrion’s champion in the Trial by Combat, not out of any love for Tyrion, nor belief in his innocence, or even a desire to see him freed, but rather, what if their motivation for volunteering is based solely upon the identity of the Crown’s Champion?

It’s just interesting to consider who might want to fight under those conditions… And I’m saying this because I honestly think the musing may enhance your enjoyment of it, especially leading up to it.

1 Like

Theon’s sister had an ax the whole time and I think she used it cut the throat of the guy that led them to the dungeon, which seemed a bit unlikely.

Well, that confirms it.

Aha, that confirms where I was going with my thought! It seems like the show has set that up very well - so it doesn’t sound like they’re deviating from the book much in this regard!