The Lincoln Project's new ad: Navy Seal asks why Trump isn't "stomping the living shit out" of the Russians

That’s where they fool us. First they send someone to say for example “we’re raising taxes to 4x to fund this and that and save the economy”, then after protests they pretend fighting each other in the name of public interest, then they remove the first guy and send a 2nd one who will tell everyone “we’re raising taxes only by 2x” which is what they aimed to from the beginning, but by doing so they now have everyone dancing in the street for having rulers that actually care for the people.
An almost incredible but very possible scenario is that Trump is the first bad guy sent there only to later make any 2nd slightly less bad guy appear as a savior.

Oh, it would definitely not be “progress” to have Biden and the DNC get all their wishes. But it’d be lovely if they were as far right as we got in the halls of power and the opposition were actually left. A boy can dream.

4 Likes

That’s exactly right. The other thing is that the mainstream media allows—even revels in—these sorts of ads, provided they come from the right. As soon as the left makes an ad like this, the fainting couches must come out, as every talking head across the political spectrum will swoon over the incivility. Being racist? Whatevs: no big whoop. Accusing someone of being racist? Oh my stars and garters! Heavens to Murgatroyd!

6 Likes

That’s just comedy, but anyway…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Exactly. This ad is by Republicans for Republicans, specifically those who haven’t drunk the orange koolaid and may be on the fence. It may at the very least make it more likely that they don’t vote, or vote for a third party.

5 Likes

2% of people would probably step in front of a speeding bus. I think these people are statistical noise.

And while they might expect their lives to be expendable, we owe it to them to spend lives as judiciously and effectively as possible. That is not this.

2 Likes

There’s still a reasonable presumption that one’s commanding officers (including the Commander-in-Chief) are basing their decisions on the strategic interests of the United States and not the strategic and military adversaries of the United States.

These service members and their families have every right to feel betrayed by their President.

16 Likes

I quite understand your feeling on that, but – personally – I wouldn’t accept any promise or guarantee that ALL the $ would only be used against Trump and like-minded scum.

I know a lot of right leaning, GOP by default military folks and vets. Most of them disliked Trump from the start, the rest turned on him long ago.

The full on right wing nuts and dedicated Trumpist? Dunno.

I dunno if an ad that caters this hard to toxic macho shit and saber rattling can be described as “best”. And like I said I know a lot of career military people, most of them would be pretty disgusted by this guy’s take. Frankly it’s a pretty gross ad, and this guy is an asshole.

It is a potentially effective way to get at the weekend warriors and jack asses who think masks are for gays. And those folks aren’t gonna buy it coming from Democrats.

3 Likes

Porque no los dos?

4 Likes

This a little better? That was 2 months ago.

Some of their ads go the other way and are less obvious. This one for Memorial day doesn’t mention any candidate. But if you pay attention to the small details (symbols on gravestones are some of the more obvious ones) it reinforces the first one.

Both appeal the the America we want to be. Some may criticize the American mythos of a nation of progress. But as a tool to motivate people to make changes for the better, that mythos is still quite powerful.

Edit: Sorry for posting so many video. I’m not going to donate, but so far I’m enjoying the free Kool-Aid and can’t help but share it. :wink:

5 Likes

TIL the word kakistocracy

3 Likes

You’re 19 years too late on that.

Oh, believe me, I’m using swingleft.org and sisterdistrict.com to direct most of my campaign donations to both federal and state races that can make a real difference, and encourage everyone to check them out.

As for The Lincoln Project, the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy too, but can in some cases be a temporary ally. Definitely temporary.

2 Likes

Democratic.

4 Likes

I love TWKYK!

Yes, we bring bananas and bandannas and Amandas and armadas and barracudas to a knife fight. Anything but an actual knife.

1 Like

This one aside, the majority of them I found to be pretty good. Like the Confedeate flag one.

Oh - that is a pretty straight forward one!