The Lincoln Project examines Trump (Impotus Americanus) through a zoologist lens

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/the-lincoln-project-examines-t.html

3 Likes

Ok, is it just me or have the LP videos reached the banality level?

Yes, creative, but we ALL know he’s a PoS.

12 Likes

Also, isn’t the orange thing, and the hair thing, and the obesity thing kinda a low blow?

EDIT: I’m not a fan of him, but… if I agreed with a politician who had those issues I’d vote for them.

7 Likes

Yeah, this feels rather weak, maybe because it’s just more of the same meanness, without any new substance.

I was more taken with this recent video by The Juice Media out of Australia:

26 Likes

Probably, but then these guys know a lot about how Republican voters think so maybe taking a few cheap shots along with the legitimate gripes isn’t such a bad idea. A petty person’s vote is worth just as much as a thoughtful person’s vote.

19 Likes

Now that’s more like it!

More honest, less filling.

6 Likes

yeah, i must agree. these ads aren’t meant for “us”. the crudity of the ads are a syndrome of their seriousness.

5 Likes

I like the creativity and viciousness. I just wonder what they intend to collect from Status Quo Joe in exchange for their help if he wins. I’d hope he’d thank them before telling them to hit the bricks, but this is the guy who reached across the aisle to the point that he named Strom Thurmond as a friend.

4 Likes

That is freakin’ brilliant.

TLP can keep hammering away at 45 all they like; I’m not fooled, and I consider them nothing more than a useful tool, IF all the shade they’re throwing actually works out in the end.

14 Likes

He mocks peope for their looks constantly. Turnabout is fair play.

You wouldn’t say gassing hitler would be inappropriate would you?

10 Likes

I especially like:
trump2020

Because that is honest.

13 Likes

Terrorist
Traitorist
Hater of Terriers

tenor (37)

It’s ok little guy, we love you.

10 Likes

I’ve read that the Lincoln Project doesn’t really care who sees the video as long as Trump sees it. By biting into his ego, they’re undermining his fragile confidence. That’s why they buy time on Fox, because they know he’s watching.

17 Likes

There’s an even more subtle double dig going on here though…
The parody use of the National Geographic? Do you know who since 2015 owns the National Geographic?
Can you say…
Rupert Murdoch?

5 Likes

Disney owns it now.

Fox and Murdoch did a bang up job gutting it first.

7 Likes

Politics aside, there are some genuine funny quips in there. Epstein, diet: dirt, weight: decreasing. Makes me want to go find some issues of Mad Magazine.

Feels like a takeoff of this spoof of the BBC:

1 Like

Ahh, you are so right. I had forgotten the House of Rats took over many of those assets.
Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

You are right, and thank you! https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/this-devastating-video-encapsu.html

4 Likes

2 Likes