The Lincoln Project's new video has just one goal -- to freak out Trump

It was the Praetorian Guard - the personal bodyguards of the Roman Emperors - along with some Senators that finally had enough of Caligula and went “whoops, the Emperor just tripped and fell on our swords, repeatedly - hey Claudius, there seems to be a sudden job opening for you!”

Not that the USSS would ever do similar, but I’ll bet a number of them are really fed up by now.

6 Likes

And The Monster is orange!

3 Likes

That was a surprisingly common accident for Roman emperors.

8 Likes

I believe Caligula was the first one, though. I was a pretty young girl when I read Graves’s I, Claudius and the sequel, which gave me that impression, and the wikipedia seems to back it up after a cursory search.

After that, I guess they were like, “well, we have precedent…”

4 Likes

Questionable leadership re Bay of Pigs, locking horns with nuke-happy Pentagon officials, and dealing away US missiles in Turkey may have also lead to a similar accident.

1 Like

I read the Illuminatus! trilogy, so I know the real truth.

Not. fnord But who knows?

3 Likes

There are suspicions that Tiberius was first, on the orders of Caligula

9 Likes

Thanks for that info!

All those insiders shown, yet Kellyanne Conway is suspiciously absent. :thinking:

Maybe George is just trying to get his wife fired.

2 Likes

A Biden Presidency creates the possibility of things getting better because even if Biden doesn’t turn out to be a force for positive change himself he’s far less likely to use the full force of the Federal government against those who are.

We don’t need Biden to be a savior. We need him to be a functional adult who isn’t trying to kill us all while the rest of society tries to find a path forward that may or may not involve him.

14 Likes

Honestly I think Biden would do well as a one term president. If he chooses that option. Stabilize things and let someone else be the democratic candidate in 2024

1 Like

There’s already a possible conflict of interests going on. George Conway is one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, while his wife Kellyanne (still?) works as political advisor for Trump.

Or might be a case of “keep your friends close, then keep your enemies even closer”?

I didn’t think ASMR was supposed to make me feel nauseous, but I guess I learn something new every day.

Republicans are really, really good at making effective attack ads.

Apparently some members of the Secret Service really hated (Bill) Clinton.

Not surprising, given their avoidance of truth and reality.

2 Likes

I’ve discovered that I have an anti-ASMR reaction, which I’ve never seen discussed anywhere - instead of finding ASMR pleasurable, I find it intensely repellent. Glad to find a kindred spirit.

3 Likes

I LOVE LINCOLN PROJECT! Nailed it! I despise Trembling Trump! He is pathetic and disgusting! Period!

1 Like

This one made me laugh my ass off! You’re going down, turkey!!!

The ‘enemy of my enemy’ is not my friend; they are merely useful in achieving the goal of defeating my enemy.

20 Likes