The Lincoln Project's new video has just one goal -- to freak out Trump

More serious than what’s happening now… Did you get some of that Japanese weed @Shuck?

Seriously though, this one was definitely personal. I’m not sure my President can process it though: Way above his educational level.

1 Like

Hard nö.

Sorry, but in the end, TLP is just another brand of anal regressives clutching their pearls, trying to protect “pure” “conservatism”.

It’s nice they pick a fight with the arseholes in charge, but there is no reason to love them.

I am under the impression that US Americans tend to use hyperbole terms of appreciation far more often then the rest of the world, but even an “you are awesome” in the direction of TLP would be hard to chew.

Love?
Nopenopenope.gif

7 Likes

Right now, he’s just trying to assuage his ego with all his insanity. All the horror of the moment is what he’s doing to keep himself balanced. He’s trying to keep his shit together. After he loses, then he’s going completely off the rails. It’s possible he’ll fall into a funk and refuse to do anything (fingers crossed), but it’s also quite possible his ego will receive such a blow that he’ll be doing nothing but lashing out, looking to burn everything down. There won’t be any limits on a narcissistic sociopath looking to hurt those who have hurt him - when the entire country will have hurt him, as far as he’s concerned. He’s got access to the military, remember. To nuclear weapons. If you think things can’t get worse, you’re high. (And how can I get some of that, because it sounds comforting?)

4 Likes

This has long been my fear. He knows he’s jailbound as soon as he leaves office unless he takes asylum in Riyadh or Minsk, or stages an excuse to put all possible threats (prosecutors etc) into “protective custody”. Or, as he tweeted, the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat. Yes, he wan’t most American dead. He has the tools.

3 Likes

Can do me the favour of having a very progressive as VP, a PoC, a woman, and then step down after some time in office.

4 Likes

But why would they? That’s not what they are opposing, it benefits them. They still are hardcore GOP. They oppose Trump the person because with him as president they got more than they’ve bargained for, and they can’t reign him in. And all things considered, that has started to be bad for business, in many ways.

ETA: to quote @Shuck because he neatly wrapped it up in one sentence:
That is, these ads advance their Republican agenda without the Democrats having to do anything.

4 Likes

BTW, the “all they want is one last big paycheck before you go down” bit seems accurate.

6 Likes

If one of Biden’s promises was that he’d step down after one term, I’d be a lot more enthusiastic about voting for him this November.

4 Likes

forget the access to nuclear weapons, this is a man who can literally cause millions to die by cutting off all federal response/funding for the pandemic

so this should end quite horribly

2 Likes

At this point it’s Trump Out or bust. Real bust.

We’re facing similar difficulties in the UK. Boris Johnson is a clown. Dominic Cummings, his fixer and doer, is openly and arrogantly re-arranging the UK. It’s unbelievable.

To be frank, the UK needs Trump out so we can sever the support lines into the UK govt.

3 Likes

Joe Biden did not vote for Clarence Thomas. He voted against his confirmation.
Seems you have a faulty memory.

1 Like

It’s not so much how he voted for Thomas so much as how he treated Anita Hill, as well as the whole spectacle of the proceedings that he presided over that people object to now.

14 Likes

I’m not sure, especially considering W’s wars and crimes against humanity.

1 Like

Yeah, I go back and forth on this. In some ways, W seemed like a legitimately decent human being with some seriously misguided and dangerous beliefs. But his record as a war monger is the one way which Trump is actually considerably better. Trump loves to brag about “his” military and how they could crush anyone but when it comes down to action Trump has regularly opposed US military involvement despite being pressed to do so by the same people that ran W’s wars. I don’t think it is out of compassion or humility or anything, it is more along the lines of isolationism and jingoism, but the result has still been considerably less US military bullshit overseas than we had with W or could have had with Ted Cruz.

I still debate whether president Cruz would have been better or worse than president Trump. Back in 2016, the way I looked at it was that Trump was might accidentally start a war out of incompetence, while Cruz would press the button to nuke Iran or North Korea on day one with the clear eyed certainty God was on his side.

1 Like

Yes that was the silent part of the point I was trying to make - the Lincoln Project is only opposed to Trump because his ineptitude is an obstacle to more fully implementing their agenda. Unfortunately they have successfully positioned themselves as leading the charge against Trump. I didn’t find this ad particularly good, but maybe that’s just me.

I mean if someone is offering you a baloney sandwich or a crap sandwich, you take the baloney. But it’s a false dichotomy - and I think we need to be careful about framing this as a choice between Trump or a Bush clone. That is only about the next four years, and people shouldn’t surrender their power to the president. The president is just one facet and what is more important are the movements and institutions that are built in the meantime. I don’t think there is a need for Democrats or progressives to ally with people at the Lincoln Project to defeat Trump - that is just one battle and one that can be won without them.

1 Like

This might even get me to make a donation and I usually have zero use for political ads for any side of an issue.

But Donny Boy is a genuine threat to the Republic such as we have never seen in this country.

He’s playing Mussolini but without the uniforms. I am really surprised he hasn’t had someone work up a “Commander in Chief” uniform suitable for the Lone Warrior/Generalissimo.

Of course, he’d look like Opus the Penguin playing dress-up if he did.

Never forget that picture of him in white tie meeting the Queen were he looked like he was wearing rented formal wear and he had an entire team of people working hard to make him look the very best they could.

2 Likes

Note I said “hearing”, not “vote”.

Seems you have a faulty vocabulary.

1 Like

It actually is true, Donald, EVERYONE is out to get you. Wear a MAGA hat lined with tin foil so people can’t read your mind. Psst, by the way, people have their cellphones tuned into microwave frequencies to gather your thoughts and put them on Tik Tok. Demand everyone turn in their cell phones before going into a room to meet you.

4 Likes

This Project is undoubtedly the best, most on sync advertising I have ever seen. I can’t wait hear what he has to say about this one! PRICELESS!

Reminds me of this:

Only more heavy-handed.

2 Likes