The man who called woman a "stupid blue hair Asian girl" is no longer a Realtor

Indeed. Alcohol is a disinhibitor; it doesn’t make anyone do anything.

31 Likes

Is it your argument that videos of racist misogynists being racist and misogynistic should not be shared online in case it costs them their jobs?

39 Likes

It’s almost as if a significant number of people don’t want to associate or buy property from a racist misogynist. /tiny-fiddle

31 Likes

Why do people behave this way? I mean obviously he wished to upset this woman but he’s also succeeded in making his life worse.

8 Likes

He calls out her ethnicity for…?

35 Likes

He’s already f’d up that he’s not wearing a mask. She called him on that. He heard a reflection of his imperfection. He was actually in a fight with himself and he lost.

He is Tyler Durden.

21 Likes

If he is drunk, that is not an excuse. Being drunk doesn’t make you a racist asshole, it makes it harder to hide the fact that you are a racist asshole. As for the rst of your comment, are you suggesting that the real problem here is that some random white guy might face consequences for being a racist asshole? That, my friend, is a win. If this happened more often, fewer assholes would be airing their assholery in public.

41 Likes

I disagree. It makes people throw up, from my experience. I certainly didn’t want to do that.

11 Likes

Yes, you’re very clever.

picard-slow-clap

17 Likes

If that was my flag I’d never drink as I usually spill the second sip. Notably ungraceful here.

I know I’ve had enough to drink when I don’t want another one, or when they close the bar. Since I haven’t been awake at closing time in about a decade, my limit appears to be about 3. Aside from the once annual unplanned pissup that randomly happens with whomever I am grabbing a beer with.

3 Likes

I was in a bar once playing pool on the opposite end from the front door. The smelliest, drunkest redneck came in, zeroed in on me from across the room, charged over and began aggressively shouting in my face. The bartenders came out, put a pool cue across his back and dragged him out. The whole thing lasted less than 30 seconds. The only reason I can think of why he targeted me (aside from being utterly hammered), was that I was smirking at a joke my buddy made and happened to be looking in that direction when he came in the door.

Point is, many people get drunk just to unlock whatever nefarious impulses they’re normally suppressing. Looks like that’s at least part of the issue here.

Also, if you find yourself behaving in any way you wouldn’t normally when you drink, don’t ever drink.

28 Likes

“There’s only one thing worse than a real estate agent, but at least that can be safely lanced, drained and surgically dressed.” - Stephen Fry

25 Likes

Speak for yourself. When I was so drunk I puked, I was glad to get it out of my system.

“Finally, now I can sleep it off and not worry about doing a Jimi Hendrix in the middle of the night.”

6 Likes

That was my first thought, too. I would love to see the preceding few minutes of footage. Not because there could possibly be any justification for his behavior, but because I’d like to see just how little it took for this guy’s fragile husk of civility (if he even has one) to crack wide open and expose his rotten core.

12 Likes

He called her a “blue Asian haired girl”. What the fuck is not racist about that? If I get angry I don’t reduce people to their ethnic characteristics. Ever, no matter how angry or drunk I am.

21 Likes

So, let’s be clear here.

You aren’t defending his actions, you just don’t think they should carry the consequences they do, right?

Because that’s what you are saying: “No one should get drunk and yell at women, but the consequences for doing that in this case are too severe”.

Now, in my experience as moderator here, I’ve seen these sorts of comments before. While everyone is anonymous here other than what they are willing to share, these comments appear, most of the time, not to come from the class of folks who are being accosted. In other words, you are projecting your belief that this isn’t a big deal on to not only the person who was on the receiving end of this abuse, but also deciding for asian people as a whole that this sort of casual racism “Isn’t deserving of losing your job over”.

That’s where the problem really is. The idea that “because it doesn’t affect me or my people personally, it’s clearly not a big deal and this behaviour should not carry harsh penalties”.

If you ask a minority or a class of person who is regularly verbally abused how often that abuse happens in the dark places of the world where no one is watching, versus out in the open where others can be made aware of it, I would wager a great deal that they would say the abuse they suffer is orders of magnitudes worse in the dark, because there are no consequences for the abuser. THAT is why recording these events and making them public matter - it creates a reason for abusers to stop abusing.

I mean, where do you draw the line? Do you say that if this real estate agent was walking clients around and said this to a bystander, would the company have grounds to terminate them or no? And if the answer is yes in that case, why should the company advocate that “You can go ahead and behave in ways that would get you fired when you aren’t at work, even though we put your photo up on our website and people might recognize you and make inferences about us?”

No matter which way you view this, you are either saying “This behaviour is ok to me enough that the consequences are too severe” or “this business should not be aware that their employee is an asshole and they are putting a picture of an asshole up on their website and creating an association to them”, while at the same time saying “It’s fine to yell at Asians as long as you aren’t doing it as a function of your job”.

I fail to see how any of those positions is defensible.

67 Likes

Sunshine’s a helluva disinfectant.

24 Likes

Anyone want to guess who he voted for last election?

4 Likes

8 Likes

27 Likes