The man who called woman a "stupid blue hair Asian girl" is no longer a Realtor

Gosh, did he get fired as a result? Well, to quote his own words,

Yes.

Yes, absolutely there is.

Yes.

Apparently so, since the cops weren’t interested.

He wasn’t expecting that bit, though. He’s obviously gotten away with similar behavior in the past, and saw no reason that wouldn’t continue to be the case.

36 Likes

Look, it may not be what Al Gore intended when he invented it, but it sure seems to be a valuable outcome!

Hell, I’ll take this a step further and say that my understanding of nuance in situations like this, the empathy I’ve developed (and continue to develop) for people who experience this regularly and the ability to shine that light on myself and grow without making too much of a public ass of myself is a massive net positive and one of the primary reasons I come to bOing bOing!

15 Likes

Fair enough, and I’m not here to defend pieces of trash. I’m just highly uneasy with the internet playing judge, jury and executioner.

I’ll let Al know.

8 Likes

Me walking into the thread to post that alcohol also makes you urinate:

Im Out GIF

12 Likes

I must have missed the part where anybody was executed; I just thought the guy was fired.

38 Likes

And even that bit already happened, so appearance in BB just leads to continued public shaming, at worst.

20 Likes

But you speak my primary language: sarcasm. :wink:

9 Likes

I didn’t see where he was unjustly tried and/or jailed, either.

Just saying…

Hyperbolic Much

21 Likes

It’s hard out there for a racist misogynistic young white gym bro with a backwards ballcap. /s

17 Likes

Q: How else to avoid public shaming on the internet?
A: Not being a drunken racist asshole.

17 Likes

I wish I could say that. I get drunk and angry and spiteful and I start buying books on the Internet.

6 Likes

Well, we are all passing judgement on him as a result of his public behavior, which is… exactly how things work in a society.

9 Likes

Is a court of opinion the same thing as a court of law, though?

Does it have the same potentially life altering consequences, or is it highly likely that this guy will just end up with another job somewhere else that pays as well or better than the one that fired him?

12 Likes

I go drunk clothes shopping, and come home with some interesting purchases. Inhibitions being lifted, and all.

7 Likes
4 Likes

I hope that the internet keeps track of this racist douchebag and forwards this video to any future employer of his.

1 Like

What do you think the internet should have done differently?

• Should the woman in question not have posted video of the incident online?

• Should other people not have retweeted her post?

• Should blogs like Boing Boing not have covered the story?

19 Likes

My concern would be misidentification. If I start insulting potential customers like this guy did at the office or on a Zoom call or at the Christmas party and somebody I work with sees it, though, odds are pretty damn good I’m going to get fired. Very few employers are going to put up with that, and with good reason.

What I would keep in mind here is both that everybody is a realtor’s potential customer and that because of the Internet everybody is a potential witness. Keeping him on risks alienating enough customers to hurt their bottom line.

I should add that I don’t think identifying the guy is remotely an issue here.

3 Likes

Well, now, you know we can’t have white men having consequences for their racist-assed actions. I mean, the world would probably stop turning or something! (/s, just in case anyone needs it)

18 Likes