The map library

… the Columbia river has other names, we should probably switch to one of them :thinking:

4 Likes

Alaskans, tell us how you really feel…

18 Likes

19ee0017-238e-4ce4-af25-e2382078dc0a_632x323

2 Likes
6 Likes

Link to map showing on a county level (USA) where the joro spiders have been spotted:

(One county over from me, so they’ll be here soon :grimacing:)

5 Likes

Same! But this map seems to show the Maryland report as more of a fluke (like Oklahoma in the other article)

2 Likes

Awww

9 Likes

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/school-shootings-by-country

19 Countries with the Most School Shootings (total incidents Jan 2009-May 2018 - CNN):

12 Likes

USA! USA! USa. usa. usa…

8 Likes

So sum together the next 10 highest countries, then multiply that by 10 to get the US count. Wow

10 Likes

It’s fucking depressing…

7 Likes

I live right in between Philadelphia, Atlanta and Miami.

5 Likes

Found these photos I took a couple years ago…

When I was younger, I made a brooch from a gold-colored metal thing that I bought at Ax-Man Surplus in St.Paul. I imagine it was intended to be used as a decorative plate on something like a desk set or mantel clock?

Anyway, I added clasps to the back and wore it on my coat.

I habitually wore it “upside down”, which turned out to really bother a guy I was dating at the time…

12 Likes

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

9 Likes

Comparitive population density map?

5 Likes

… New York and San Francisco are among the densest cities in real life

Los Angeles is “smaller” than either one on the map, Charlotte is “bigger” :confused:

1 Like

No problem with the unconventional orientation, but i am annoyed that half of Asia is missing!

2 Likes

It’s dividing the 38 million people in the Tokyo Capital Region into units that are equivalent to major US cities. It’s not accounting for metro areas, so it’s not very useful (I mean, Atlanta’s metro area is ten times the population of the city proper and the same goes for Miami), but it looks neat.

4 Likes
6 Likes

If you live in Florida, you’ve got a lot of other disasters to worry about. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes