The Monkees recorded a new Christmas album

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/24/the-monkees-recorded-a-new-chr.html

6 Likes

9umnm

16 Likes

The perfect bubblegum pop storm; the Monkees, Christmas and Mike Allred album art. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

6 Likes

Looks to be suitable for anyone who has been ten years old since 1966.

8 Likes

I would hope this would be included:

15 Likes

Hey hey!

This would make a REALLY PUZZLING Christmas gift for the young folks.

12 Likes

It does have Wonderful Christmastime though, which is just as bad.

5 Likes

As a fabrication made up largely of the efforts of sessions artists and writers, I feel its a duty to give a shameless plug to the documentary about “The Wrecking Crew”

Warning: Do not watch the Glen Campbell documentary “I’ll Be Me” right after it. It will bring you to tears.

10 Likes

I sent this to my wife; she’s thrilled.

Or someone who hasn’t forgotten how to be young at heart.

For myself, I was never really into the Monkees; but I love to see my wife happy. And she’s VERY happy:

“Monkees!!!”

Shameless? Did you work on it? If you did, thank you. Either way, it was a fantastic and interesting documentary.

7 Likes

Too wondrous! Thanks!

3 Likes

“Hey, hey we are the Monkees, a manufactured band.” Now don’t go hating on me. That is literally a line from ‘Head’.

3 Likes

Nah, I just loved it and feel guilty about the plug for something unrelated directly with the topic.

3 Likes

Whoa.

4 Likes

Yea, hating them is easy, like hating Barbie. But they really had a lot of great songs!

3 Likes

Dear Lord! I ADORE The Monkees!!! Always have. Had the hots for Davy also :slight_smile: You should watch ‘Head’ A Bob Rafelson/Jack Nicholson film.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Bastards still haven’t come to my town.

3 Likes

Indeed, they may have been manufactured, but they weren’t fake. Those guys rocked popped.

8 Likes

I disagree. Nothing is as bad as LDB.

1 Like