The most convincing argument for a Muppet version of The Lord of the Rings

That may be true, but he would give the role a level of gravitas and skill it deserves, dammit!

3 Likes

The boy found anime all on his own, he’s a smart one! :wink:

4 Likes

Probably too on the oversized nose to have Hup the Podling Paladin in there, since he is already from a fantasy setting that cribs from Lord of the Rings.

I could totally see that!

Honeydulain: This is a new one from Lothlórien labs: a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out!

[claps hands twice to activate glowing vial]

Honeydulain: Ho ho! It took us nearly three centuries of testing to get that formula right, but we plugged on! Isn’t that right, Beekindell?

Beekindell: [Meekly quivering in terror with singed hair poking out of burn bandages] Meep meep…

11 Likes

I would 100% double-feature this with my all-Muppets version of Sweeney Todd.

Kermit as Sweeney
Miss Piggy as Mrs. Lovett
Robin as Toby
Fozzie as The Great Pirelli
Sam the Eagle as Judge Turpin
Rowlf as Beadle Bamford
Scooter as Antony
Janice as Johanna
Animal as The Old Beggar Woman

3 Likes

I’m so tired of “Muppet version of _____”. There’s hundreds of characters, thousands of original story possibilities.

1 Like

I can see Swedish Chef bravely standing before the Balrog while the rest of the fellowship escape, resolutely shouting, “Bork Bork Bork BOOOOORK!” before smashing the stone arch they stand upon with his mighty ladle and spatula.

13 Likes

But the Muppet adaptations are, objectively, the best ones.

9 Likes

Gonzo as Aragorn, all the elves are chickens

8 Likes

Gonzo as Gandalf, all the eagles are chickens. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Would you accept the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill C3PO and R2D2 s guest stars?

ETA: The episode ends with the guests and ensemble cast singing “when You Wish Upon A Star” while an Enchanted Castle tower painted in Death Star drag erects itself in the background. It’s a weird foreshadowing of Disney owning both franchises, though it would take them 24 years to get ahold of the Muppets and a further 8 to assimilate Lucasfilm. Probably a not-so-subtle dig from Henson and Lucas at an over-eager suitor.

6 Likes

Asian Fail GIF by Hello All

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.