'The Muslims are Coming!' Judge overturns NYC subway's ban on ads for Muslim comedy movie

[Read the post]

My noggin really does retain some odd shit…
A man before his time… Lowell Lundstrom was always hawking this on Sunday morning TV.
The Muslims are coming: Lowell Lundstrom

My sister’s boyfriend traveled with the Lundstrom Family (he was a singer), so my mother often had their Sunday show on.

1 Like

Thems fightin’ words.

3 Likes

Will it be translated into the Hungarian language?

[note sarcasm & schadenfreude]

2 Likes

The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966)
It was innocent comedy and no one got hurt.

1 Like

It’s true about the frittas! Come for the frittas, STAY FOR THE JIHAD!!!

Or maybe stay for the hijabs?

4 Likes

Stay for the bhajis.

4 Likes

OM-NOM-NOM!!! Yummy!

2 Likes

It’s awful, but the title reminds me of one of Andy Milligan’s too-awful-to-be-believed horror movie gems. And, believe it or not, this was amongst his better works…

I’d prefer the frittas and/or bhajis any day.

1 Like

Would they have the same reaction if it said something like “Christians” or “Hindus” instead of “Muslims”? I have a feeling not, so here’s the obligatory, “Christ, what assholes” comment.

The personal is political. Feminist analysis would have told the MTA the folly of trying to draw a line between political and non political. :smile: But this all comes in the context of MTA very understandably wanting to ban Pam Geller’s anti-Muslim ads, and the grounds they used to do that were that MTA won’t accept political ads. They probably figured if they allowed ads poking fun at anti-Muslim hysteria they’d have to allow ads ginning it up too.

They came to my college last year to screen the movie [unfortunately the projector was shit] and then did a Q&A. There was one part where this Somali? gy stood up and said in heavily accented english “You are shitty muslims … yes all of you are shitty” and the entire theater went silent. I believe it was Negin Farsad who went to go say something but could only stammer a ‘welll we…’ and then he interrupted with a “I KEED”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody kill it so hard. I was laughing so much I got a headache.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.