The name of the next Star Wars movie is

There’s something to be said for leaving questions unanswered. Vader is a much more interesting person when other characters talk about him in terms of rumors, vague stories of friendship and eventual betrayal, of past battles. Now that we know all about Vader people still sort of like him but not really in the same way. If they were to do a bounty hunter movie and slid in a few interesting things about Boba Fett but raised more questions about him i think that would be more effective than to give us a ton of info about who he is, what he’s like, etc.

have’t, but I’d like to compare notes. Any linkage?

When I was a kid I had a pet corn snake named Wookin’ Pa Nub, named after this sketch.

2 Likes

Oh, my, it’s very aged. It’s not coming up quickly on the old search engine. I found this link to Reddit, maybe the full essay can be found through there.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjAqMXmzvrWAhVh64MKHfm9DPkQFgg_MAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FFanTheories%2Fcomments%2F1r90uu%2Ftheory_r2d2_is_the_main_protagonist_in_starwars%2F&usg=AOvVaw3qmANvc0hwyXgQjCBwuIoa

1 Like

I’m no great, Ron Howard fan. (He’s not on my ‘films to watch because of who’s directing’ list).) But I think he did really good work on ‘Apollo 13 and ‘Rush’ (in spite of playing fast and loose with the facts on both).

There will always be SW films being pumped out and there will be many different directors over the course of one’s lifetime. It would be interesting to see what he does.

One of the cool EU stories I remember reading back as a kid, now dead because Lucas killed the EU, was basically a horror movie. It was one of those novels starting han and leia’s kids. maybe Luke’s too? Anyway, it made zombies canon in the star wars universe courtesy of the guy whose arm gets chopped off in mos eisley, he was trying to use them to take over the planet or something. A star wars horror movie could be pretty cool.

1 Like

It was Disney that de-canonized the EU in 2014 after buying Lucasfilm, not George. Probably for the best to be honest.

George said in 2005 that he specifically doesn’t consider the novels canon and the only time he’ll consider one is if he, for example, comes up with a name he’ll check to make sure it wasn’t used in one of the novels which might be confusing.

Well to be fair George doesn’t even consider the original trilogy canon.

It was still Disney that officially de-canonized the EU stuff though.

1 Like

I would like to announce that I have a tv. It is pretty flat.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.