The new president of the NRA is Oliver North

I dunno. I’d certainly call the rise of the Nazi party in Germany a major consolidation of Evil and that was demonstrably not a good thing.

8 Likes

A fine leader for the sort of honest, law-abiding gun-owner the NRA attracts

1 Like
12 Likes

Rule 34…

10 Likes

uP4cuEW

10 Likes

I hope that they’re ready to roll with SESTA/FOSTA, because it would be hilarious to see that bite them.

4 Likes

Yeah; that was awesome. Because now you can trade one for another.

3 Likes

Yeah, it is a little on the nose, isn’t it?

2 Likes

“You know when we said we wanted someone to “deal” with the terrorists… that was supposed to be a euphemism.”

10 Likes
4 Likes

That’s pretty much Freedom™ with libertarian characteristics isn’t it?

2 Likes

I’d be the last to argue that post 9/11 demagoguery is at all a good thing with respect to freedom(or quite a few other things); but on the very specific point of ‘freedom’ vs. ‘freedoms’ there is a point to be made for the latter:

“Freedoms” are at greater risk of the “well, I don’t see that one on the Founder’s Eternal List, so sucks to be you”; but “freedom” is at greater risk of being hollowed out incrementally because it’s easy to point to your aggregate freedom while chiselling off a little piece; or retaining it in theory while making it unviable in practice.

Both have their downsides(concerns among the constitutional conventioneers that rights not specifically enumerated would be interpreted as not covered have been substantially vindicated; but innumerable incursions into the enumerated rights have only been frustrated by the fact that they are enumerated and so held up in court) and virtues(I suspect that Rockwell’s “Our vague warm fuzzy freedom” would have lacked some of the punch of his “four freedoms” formulation.

4 Likes

A convicted felon, who cannot legally own a gun. Makes sense to me.

1 Like

Ollie’s back!!!

This should be more fun than the last time…and the time before that…and…

3 Likes

The Onion has the right analysis…

9 Likes

The charges were later dismissed :expressionless:

1 Like

I misread that as “John Oliver”. Very confusing.

Then I wondered when I missed John launch the “Elect John Oliver as NRA President” campaign after he discovered a loophole that let him on the ballot.

1 Like

He looks like a Boy Scout until you see his mouth. From the philtrum down, he looks like Joe McCarthy. I’ve always wished that Walt Kelly could have taken him on. I’m guessing he’d have drawn him as a jackal.

3 Likes

The older he gets, he looks more and more (to me) like Pat Robertson.

1 Like

“Oliver North is, hands down, the absolute best choice to lead our NRA Board, to fully engage with our members, and to unflinchingly stand and fight for the great freedoms he has defended his entire life,” NRA executive vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre said.

All kidding aside, I’d bet that LaPierre has a very keen sense of NRA members’ collective amnesia, naiveté, disinterest in history, and skewed morality. North will be a major hit.

3 Likes