The Obi-Wan Kenobi teaser trailer is here

Originally published at: The Obi-Wan Kenobi teaser trailer is here | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Spoiler alert; after establishing a compelling and unexplored storyline, the final episode will feature Mark Hamill’s de-aged baby Luke as the final-act macguffin.

14 Likes

Finally. Please, Star Wars, don’t ruin Obi-Wan.

If the prequels couldn’t do it, I don’t think anything can.

6 Likes

Holy cats.

5 Likes

My Star Wars timeline is fuzzy but…do we see the Mandolorian at all in this series? I wasn’t expecting him in the Boba Fett series but he showed up there. Does he show up as a kid somehow? What about Grogu as an even younger version?

I’m not not gonna watch it, but I hope it’s not Mandalorian 2.75.

1 Like

Already done. The little kid is Luke.

4 Likes

Well considering they outright show a child-Luke in the preview that’s not much of a spoiler.

This series is set somewhere in between Episode 3 and Episode 4, The Mandalorian is post Episode 6. From what info we have, he was orphaned sometime during the Clone Wars, so he’d be at most a teenager at this point. As for Grogu, he’d be around, not looking much different than he does as of The Mandalorian, only he’d be 15-20ish years younger.

7 Likes

It looks interesting. I like the fact that they included the Inquisitors.

6 Likes

I wish the Disney+ logo arc with light saber effect (that’s at the end of the video) happened every time I fire up the app on my TV.

3 Likes

so.
very.
EXCITED!

5 Likes

Wait…the key to finding a Jedi is patience…but also the key to being a Jedi is patience. Are they going to just out-wait each other?

Confused C-3Po GIF by Star Wars

9 Likes

Who is going to play teenager Hans Solo?

2 Likes

“Jedi cannot help what they are. Their compassion leaves a trail.”

Are we still talking about the guys who separate toddlers from their families to indoctrinate them into their weird cult? Not to mention fighting a war using an army comprised of enslaved ten-year-olds?

16 Likes

I’m just grateful that they’re indicating that a decent portion of the show seems to be taking place on planets other than frickin’ Tatooine. I’m so done with that planet. But I’m pretty sure that at some point we’re going to be shown what a deepfake de-aged Amy Sedaris looks like when she’s an apprentice mechanic dating a Jawa or whatever.

4 Likes

Wait and see.

7 Likes

Bail Organa: Where are you going to take the boy?
Obi-Wan: I figured I’d just let Anakin’s step brother raise him on Tatooine.
Organa: Uh, isn’t that basically the one place in the galaxy where Vader would be likely to bump into him? What if Vader happens to stop by for Life Day or something?
Obi-Wan: (Smiling ruefully) No, we’ll be safe there.

12 Likes

I skipped the Fettfest. I’m in for this one.

Looking forward to them introducing his secret wife and family.

7 Likes

This looked promising in ways Boba Fett never really did, even before that show dropped. Cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

I think you mean…

6 Likes