The Obi-Wan Kenobi teaser trailer is here

I don’t quite understand that. What’s the problem here? But I admit that I forgot most of episode 1 to 3.

Vader seemed pretty surprised that the body disappeared too, kicking at the robes to be sure they were empty. So it makes sense that in Episode 1 they wouldn’t have had Qui-Gon’s body evaporate when he got killed. There were several issues with the prequels but to me the lack of more force ghosts wasn’t one of them.

For me, I usually separate the facts as presented in the OT to the prequels.

Ignoring episodes I-III, it comes across, again to me, that Darth Vader never finished his Jedi training.

For Luke who trained with Ben, an accomplished Jedi Knight, and Yoda who’s kind of a Jedi master/yogi/priest type, it seems like part of the whole Jedi thing. Becoming one with the Force in spirit as well as body.

It just furthers the point of how sloppily Lucas was in preparation for making the prequels. I.e. not watching the original movies before writing the new films, not writing a script until well into pre-production, insisting on including Anakin as a child despite Spielberg begging him not to.

1 Like

I think we forget that for a lot of it he also just “changed his mind”.

Like light sabers, originally, were hard to control. They were “heavy” and difficult to wield. Which is why Luke used two hands when fighting and the battles were fairly stiff and slow.

Now that everyone had a lazer sword, and you had actors not hindered with hard to see helmets, and advances in fight choreography, that we got to see Jedi and SIth whip around like they were light rapiers.

Later this was “cleaned up” some explaining that Luke used a particular style of fighting, and to people not one with the force, using light sabers was extremely difficult and “heavy”.

2 Likes

Between those two instructors Luke Skywalker had maybe a few weeks’ worth of training at most. Anakin trained under Obi-wan for over a decade.

Maybe Obi-wan was just a really terrible teacher.

3 Likes

Instruction.

Or perhaps Luke was a better pupil, more talented and did train more.

1 Like

I’m not sure why this distinction is so important to you but Yoda’s exact line was “For 800 years have I trained Jedi,” not “For 800 years have I instructed Jedi.”

2 Likes

having watch all three of his Long Way series, i get this reference!

Clone Wars at least retconed this. QuiGon had learned this technique that wasn’t well known. He
came back as a ghost and shared it to Yoda (in one of the trippiest episodes)

2 Likes

You can train by yourself.

I don’t think you can blame that one on Disney. Tatooine was overused decades before Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Why would they need to go to Tatooine in Knights of the Old Republic, a game set 4,000 years before the movies? Shut up, that’s why.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.