The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

16 Likes

A political Hat Trick.

11 Likes

So he’s in custody, but will soon be back in Congress right?

Anyway, this does look like the start of the (eventual) end for him. :+1:

14 Likes

10 Likes

irresponsible

And reprehensible.

And just, fucked up, man!

I see that CNN’s rightward drift continues apace. I suppose by 2024, the drift will have become a lurch.

18 Likes

Under the judge’s order, he must submit to pretrial services, have random monitoring at his home, surrender his passport and keep his travel to New York and Washington, D.C. He can travel elsewhere, as long as he receives permission from the court and pre-trial services.

His defense attorney said he’s running for re-election and travels by car to campaign events so he will promise to give advance notice.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Anne Shields said, “Don’t assume something is OK. You have to ask first."

14 Likes

But how will we know what the right wing thinks if we don’t give them a platform!!! /s

Angry Tyra Banks GIF

16 Likes
8 Likes

He means ‘votes’.

10 Likes

CNN is dead to me. Jimmy Fallon moment times a million.

CNN sucks.

12 Likes

Seriously. It’s like giving Harvey Weinstein a talk show. A Charles Manson musical variety hour may have gotten good ratings, but you don’t have to give platforms to horrible people who do horrible things.

9 Likes

I really don’t know what CNN’s senior editorial management was thinking, allowing this event. Any remotely plausible rationale is cancelled out 10x by the loss of credibility the network would inevitably incur.

It seems very difficult for many so-called liberal media outlets not to give fascists and bigots and grifters platforms.

16 Likes

To me, CNN’s platforming of Tromp’s rally reflects both its management’s venality and its new owner’s determination to pul it rightward.

As for whether it was a good night for Tromp, HC Richardson has a hopeful take on that:

Maybe. But according to legal analyst Andrew Weissman, Trump’s embrace of the January 6 rioters and promise to pardon them if he’s reelected feeds a potential case against him. He made similarly revealing comments about his theft and retention of documents marked classified. It was that very kind of indiscretion that enabled Carroll’s lawyers to beat him in court.

More important, though, while Trump’s base will love his performance, watching his lies and cruelty while his supporters laugh and cheer him on will remind voters of exactly what they worked so hard to reject in 2020. A Biden campaign advisor told NBC News White House correspondent Mike Memoli: “Weeks worth of damning content in one hour…. It was quite efficient." It might turn out that, as journalist Ana Navarro-Cárdenas tweeted, “[Joe Biden] is the winner of tonight’s town-hall.”

As Biden tweeted after the performance: “It’s simple, folks. Do you want four more years of that?”

Source:

18 Likes

The shift in CNN’s leadership made the news a lot last year:

I would say that network should not have been referred to as “liberal media” since then. Folks on far-right outlets have enjoyed using CNN as an example of bias against them. Licht is eager to accommodate and pander to them. I’m curious to see, if the equal time rule still applies, what kind of forum will be offered to President Biden.

12 Likes

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I’m sure now that Tucker has been fired, they see an opportunity to pull in some of his viewers by cater to their bigotry and hate…

Nope…

12 Likes

CNN hasn’t been “liberal media”…maybe ever. Centrist at best, even in a US frame of reference. Their shift right just moves them into borderline fascist territory.

13 Likes

Ted Turner was openly liberal personally but basically pushed for standard corporate media balance on the network to give it credibility. Of course, he was also ultra-wealthy so the coverage and tone wasn’t free of his class assumptions concerning capitalism. Still, I don’t think he would have allowed anything like this travesty to occur. He was more about defending his staff against authoritarian repression (as he personally did during the coverage of Tiananmen Square) than throwing a member of his staff into a roomful of fascists.

12 Likes
9 Likes

15 Likes

I bet CNN also bowed to an insistence by Tromp that the CNN person on stage with him be a woman.

I wonder if she’ll have nightmares now.

9 Likes