The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

Pundits and governments just might have given Russia too much credit, he says, when a whole system of manipulating people’s perception and psychology was engineered and operated from within the US.

“Russia played such a minor role that they weren’t even a blip on the radar,” the hacker told me recently. “This was normal for politicians, though… if you say a lie enough times, everyone will believe it.”

I’ve been saying that from the start but McCarthyism is too potent of a drug for the American chattering classes

5 Likes

Absolutely. I don’t believe targeted advertising on social media is that effective. The actual normal, legal shit said and done by supposedly mainstream media is much more a worry.

Same with brexit/Tories endless empire of shit. They’re not hiding it. Their media is utterly devoid of conscience. They lie all the time. And they do it to get money as they are bankrolled by billionaires. Progressives should be at war with billionaires. Not china or Russia. Russia does fuck around in US politics, but nowhere near the extent the US and EU did with Eastern Europe. Like a huge distance from that.

9 Likes

His full name is Phyllo Diaphanous Necropolis.

9 Likes
17 Likes

Maybe he shouldn’t have done that shit in the first place… asshole.

14 Likes

I am getting truly livid* that this is taking so long, and that he has so far largely escaped repercussions for the same behavior in the past:

*the “furiously angry” definition, not the “dark bluish-grey in color” definition.

17 Likes

If you’re angry enough, it can be both.

15 Likes

“Russia played such a minor role that they weren’t even a blip on the radar,” the hacker told me recently.

Clueless noob.

6 Likes

It’s the same war. (Though not China - who lumps them in with Russia? It’s a completely different dynamic.)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Oh no, I chose that word very deliberately.

1 Like

I disagree with you entirely. Russia is a distraction in American politics. It has nothing to do with American imperial oligarchs who are actually controlling US public life in the way Democrats imagine Russians are. And I don’t know if you’ve noticed the recent paranoid scare stories about Chinese tech? Same distraction as Russia.

3 Likes

So you think that a powerful political wing is abusing it’s power by prosecuting and imprisoning Jewish and LGBTQ people over false accusations of espionage?

Huh. I haven’t heard of that one. Could you point me to your sources of information?

It’s not either-or. It’s both. And they have different but aligned goals. Things can be more than one thing.

I have, but it seems to be mostly right wingers in a tizzy over it, so I don’t see how that is relevant to this discussion.

5 Likes

Ooooh, like nesting dolls!

8 Likes

That should put him in the top field of the nominees for this year’s Useful Idiot Award and the Smart But Clueless Asshole Award. Nice going.

4 Likes

It’s people like Bannon that they REALLY must hold to account, because he is one of the major linkages between the white supremacist movement and Trumpism. He’s going around saying that “we control this country” and shit like that. Arrest that fucker, yesterday.

20 Likes

Some stand out points… claims he was against both the Democratic party and the GOP, but was convinced to take this job because it meant:

Then the interviewers told him, “If you work for us, you can help stop Hillary Clinton.”

Also…

“I hated the establishment, Republicans, and Democrats, and Hillary was the target because she was as establishment as it got and was the only candidate that was all but guaranteed to be running on the main ticket in the future 2016 cycle,” said Willis. “If I were to choose a lesser evil at the time, it would have, without a doubt, been the Republican Party, since I had moved to the new city due to the Democrats literally destroying my previous home state. It felt like good revenge.”

And then this shit…

who describes himself as a social liberal and fiscal conservative—“very punk rock, borderline anarchist.”

sponge-bob-sarcastic-sb

But then he described himself this way…

“original punk rock right-wing millennial”

cersei-laughs-whatever

TLDR - asshole is trying to let himself off the hook for helping to destroy American democracy, while proclaiming himself all powerful because he was able to help do so in the process.

Fucker needs to take his “ethical hacker” bullshit and shove it right down his hate hole.

21 Likes

So… this guy was the clearinghouse for all of Russia’s psyops activities, and he knew every single thing they were doing? All I can say is, if I were Russia, I would also try to convince my targets that, sure, I was there, but not so much, and the REAL threat was coming from inside your own state. You know, I peeked in the window and knocked on the door, I’m not the one who broke down the door and ransacked the place. Nope, not me!

2 Likes

I don’t care how he describes himself. He’s a fucking shit eating fucker and I wish I believed in God so I could pray for him to face real consequences because I have no faith that he will. Christ what an asshole…

18 Likes

schitts creek yes GIF by CBC

13 Likes