The Onion on Kanye West

He’s not quite as successful on capitalizing on it as she is, though…

2 Likes

Seems so. I think we’re all a bit more savvy about such tactics, and less inclined to accept it than we were in the 80s and 90s (or even the early 2000s).

2 Likes

You remember when she advertised husband Guy Ritchie’s new movie with a t-shirt saying “SNATCH coming soon” but many of us were sure we’d already seen it…

9 Likes

alrighty

7 Likes

Forgot about that one, but I remember this;

2 Likes

He does not look happy. Not at all.

4 Likes

IIRC, later Drake tried to claim that his obviously repulsed reaction was to Madonna’s lipstick and not the kiss itself… but that face tells it all.

I don’t care about Madge being sexually empowered, or even the fact that she has exploited her sexuality very successfully for decades… but I do think there comes a time when we all need to recognize that we are not 19 years old anymore, and what worked for us back then isn’t working for us now.

6 Likes

Agreed. Have to give it a rest sometime.

3 Likes

13 Likes

OH man, I love me some pre-Madonna Guy Richie.

Well, that escalated quickly.

index

giphy

2 Likes

After spending 75 years on this planet, working in industrial design for 50 years, I haven’t a clue what a Kanye West is or what it is good for.

1 Like

3 Likes

ouch. my eyeballs. can not un-see.

3 Likes

Bad Milliee! Bad!

1 Like

And by my like, I mean ‘oh fuck, sweet baby jeebus, let me be stricken with amnesia instantly so I can forget that image. Please.’

Oh and some have said the twitter/Trump/pay attention to meeeeeee thing is a reaction to Kendrick winning the Pulitzer. I agree.

1 Like

Sawry!

Sometimes ugly art helps draw out (ha) internal ugliness. Like Drew Friedman used to do.

4 Likes

Oh shit. Now you’ve let the cat out of the bag! Nobody (who mattered) knew they were French until you went and opened your cheese-eating mouth!

(Oh shit. She didn’t ACTUALLY say Daft Punk WERE French, and now I’VE let the cat out of the bag!)

Merde!!

1 Like

I won’t tell if you don’t.

D’accord.

2 Likes