The OXO Ground Beef Chopper is part of our daily family ritual

Originally published at: The OXO Ground Beef Chopper is part of our daily family ritual | Boing Boing

6 Likes

these merch posts have gotten real strange

and I am
here. for. it.

16 Likes

You’re getting awfully weird, Mark.

5 Likes

Just saw one of these on a video in my feed and was thinking how I may just need one. More uses than just beef.

1 Like

I think he’s now getting paid per word, these explanations are now going the long way round

4 Likes

Frickin’ unitasker.
All you need is a potato masher.

4 Likes

I think I just read My First Ammosexual Breakfast Manual. Wait, it’s for already ground beef…perhaps it is for keeping OG Kosher in a place where sunny day flooding prevents anything being buried a full year? Hazing Apple Products (which need a tri-wing paddle?) So many options I hadn’t considered.

6 Likes

Kill it and grill it!

No animals were harmed in that sentence.

2 Likes

I want an entire book of his vaguely unsettling testimonials for obscure items I do not need.

7 Likes

The OXO Ground Beef Chopper is part of our daily family ritual

I think I might have been watching too many, “Ask a Mortician” videos with Caitlin Doughty. I misread the headline as, “The OXO Ground Beef Chopper is part of our daily funeral ritual”.

5 Likes

Yes, I have a potato ricer…doesn’t work with meat as well. I had trouble on prior recipe where I had to mash up a bunch of pork meat. This seems to be better.

For potatoes, my ricer works just fine though.

1 Like

Yes! I will likely never buy any of these products, but I would buy that book. If it were illustrated, graphic novel style.

4 Likes

We eat a lot of hamburger helper and own one of those. It’s not OXO but it is the same.

My wife loves it because it’s easy to hold with her arthritis.

While we’re on the subject of ground beef, the secret to good nachos is twice ground ground beef. We use one of those hand grinder things after the meat is seasoned. It creates a real fine ground beef just like that authentic Taco place with the big bell.

1 Like

What’s with the super-low resolution pictures?

6 Likes

J. Peterman would be proud.

6 Likes

@frauenfelder is gloriously deep into his sendup of J. Peterman Seinfeld character. I say… bring it on!

Again, I should have looked two inches higher before posting. The sordid, sad story of a life riddled with the anxiety of having to expend energy, when doing so would have rewarded me with knowledge… but the thought of an OXO Ground Beef Chopper fills me with courage; my next attempt at Sauce Bolognese will be a success.

4 Likes

It was taken through quantum observation

7 Likes

I thought it was a long range satellite image of an incoming missile from the Oort Cloud.

6 Likes

A pastry cutter is best for this sort of chopping function, too. Seems to me a potato masher light make some too fine ground beef. Too close to Taco Bell’s “meat”. And I like Taco Bell!

1 Like

Not if one’s intent is to break up ground beef into smaller bits while it’s cooking up in a non-stick pan. I’ve always used a non-stick pan safe spatula for that, but – being single-blade – it takes awhile. A multi-blade utensil would make much quicker work of it. A potato masher’s openings would make things very slow going while simultaneously flattening the beef instead of breaking it up.

3 Likes