The pill-popping presidency: Trump's team "awash in speed" and Xanax

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/04/the-pill-popping-presidency-trumps-team-awash-in-speed-and-xanax.html

11 Likes

Why does this seem so familiar?

44 Likes

Annnd manning the WH pharmacy window was …

26 Likes

This was almost my exact thought, having read Blitzed a few years back.

8 Likes

Got a modus tollens logic form gnawing on me leg over this one

IF there was any sense or justice to the cosmos
THEN something about trump drug taking and overt health crises

-sigh-

10 Likes

It was systemic and encompassing.

23 Likes

With every report it sounds more and more like an episode of The Sopranos, complete with comically inept lieutenants and a Dunning-Kruger moron running the rackets. And yet it’s all “cool and normal” to the red hatted fools; and it’s 100% normalized by media outlets who don’t want to be seen “taking sides”.

I am so tired of this channel. I want to cancel my subscription but nobody answers the phone.

29 Likes

Yeah, no kidding. Is anyone surprised by this?

7 Likes

This makes them sound cool.

But seriously drugs are bad.

Except the cool ones.

8 Likes

"powerful drugs might have contributed… " Right, yeah, without those dang evil drugs, everything would have been hunky dory in the Trump White House.

15 Likes

‘…used by staffers to stay alert, often after late nights working on Trump’s speeches…’

They worked on those speeches?!?

27 Likes

A speech written late at night by a pill-popping staffer might well be indistinguishable from Trump’s usual stream of consciousness word salad ramblings.

14 Likes

In the context of the War on Drugs, I can’t help but see this as some kind of victory for the drugs.

Y’know, Nixon and the White House an’ all…

13 Likes

the origins of this speech make much more sense now

13 Likes
7 Likes

Calling modafinil “speed” is so wrong.

4 Likes

So who had the suitcases full of opioids?

In 1945, as the remains of Nazi Germany collapsed in the last few days of the Second World War in Europe, Hermann Goering surrendered to Allied forces. The “No. 2 Nazi” , a man who had held “nearly unchecked power” for the past 12 year brought with him 49 suitcases overflowing with looted artwork and treasures. Among Goering’s possessions were two suitcases that contained over 20,000 paracodeine pills

9 Likes

Then there’s this… allegedly:

9 Likes

Ronny Jackson?

4 Likes

dan levy comedy GIF by CBC
How else can one work with Trump?

8 Likes