The Qanon Queen of Canada said not to pay utility bills. Her followers were shocked when their service was cut

Originally published at: The Qanon Queen of Canada said not to pay utility bills. Her followers were shocked when their service was cut | Boing Boing

12 Likes

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

My empathy and tolerance for these people is getting shockingly low of late.

55 Likes

Who Knew Reaction GIF by GEICO

terminator GIF

27 Likes

I wish the actual Queen of Canada’s tolerance wasn’t so high. I believe what Qanon Queen is doing is legally called treason, and she can get a free holiday for an indefinite period in the Tower of London for it.

30 Likes

Hockey Selfie GIF by HockeyCanada

18 Likes

What did they think was going to happen??

7 Likes

Note to East Village Bohemians: “We’re not gonna pay rent” is another strategy that rarely works outside of certain Broadway musicals.

14 Likes

tudors-anne-arranged

Of course, it’s not like it was in the good old days… you got to make due with some ghost in fancy dress now.

19 Likes

This is an old scam borrowed from the British.

See, the UK never cuts off water, and their process for non-payment of electricity and gas involves bailiffs, possession orders, and takes forever.

The OPCA and sovcits use it because, while the ‘benefits’ are immediate, consequences take a while. Their followers can be suckered for a good long time before the locksmith, engineer, and police actually show up to turn them off and fit a prepayment meter.

29 Likes

This reminds me of the idiots that think if you say a magic incantation, or if there’s gold fringe on the flag or something, that you don’t have to pay income taxes. It never does work out very well them.

31 Likes

I see the problem, right there…

think

17 Likes

She toned down her rhetoric a bit after she was questioned over one of her followers (!), and possible did some 72 hour observation time.

She’s no Emperor Norton.

24 Likes

They haven’t worked out that the state has a monopoly on violence yet?

18 Likes

Surprised Meme GIF

3 Likes

You’re a better person than I, as I never had any of that for them to begin with… and stories like this don’t help. She’s been having her followers do insane things like issue “cease and desist” letters to schools and businesses for various imagined vaccine crimes - and then threatening to have them executed if they don’t comply? Yeah, sitting around in the dark and off the internet is probably for the best - it’ll keep them out of trouble.

Nobody was crazy enough to believe him, for one.

10 Likes

Well, they thought that the arrest and imprisonment and trial and execution of the pedophilic cabal was imminent, followed by cancellation of all debt, followed by her coronation, after which, they as her early followers would no doubt benefit greatly. (You asked.)

6 Likes

Same people. Different hats.

9 Likes

But why do they keep trying?

3 Likes

At what point will we reach stupid critical mass?

1 Like

I’m a bit worried we’ve already passed that and we’re on the inside of the event horizon of a stupid hole, never to escape.

15 Likes