The QAnon Shaman is running for Congress

Originally published at: The QAnon Shaman is running for Congress | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Of course the “remorseful” attention-seeking insurrectionist momma’s boy is running, and of course he’s running for the Libertarian party.

And then Libertarians whinge about how they’re not taken seriously in U.S. politics.

26 Likes

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

18 Likes

And will no attempt be made to pursue the “Can’t hold public office if you attempted to overthrow the government” clause? Well, i suppose he hadn’t taken the oath to protect the constitution prior to his attempt at insurrection (unlike trump); that’s the legal dodge, i’d guess…? -sigh-

Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3:​
“No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.”

17 Likes

Yeah…this clause only applies to people who were elected officials or officers of the government at some point. To my knowledge, that doesn’t apply to Mr. Shaman.

10 Likes

i look forward to his concession speech when he thoroughly loses.

13 Likes

His loss will, of course, have been the results of an obvious plot by the Deep State.

19 Likes

download (3)

20 Likes

As someone convicted of a serious federal crime - is he entitled to vote in the election?

6 Likes

The QAnon Shaman

This cosplaying, entitled, appropriater donning a hacked-together getup and spouting conspirituality bullshit makes him a shaman about as much as me putting on my bathrobe makes me a monk.

19 Likes

If he self-identified as “The Qanon Shaman” I wouldn’t support indulging him, but it’s actually a pejorative he apparently hates so…

12 Likes

This guy is all over the map. He’s still in the QAnon boat, and is trying to become more widely known as “America’s Shaman.”

It just feels a little wrong to me to tar the term with ANY association with this idiot. But you know, I’m totally down with inserting a descriptor in the middle: he should be known as the QAnon Cosplay Shaman. “QAnon Kirkland’s Signature Shaman” also works (wait, Costco doesn’t deserve that, either).

7 Likes

Oh, for goodness’ sake, it’s bring your buffalo to work day already?

(I left mine in the laundromat. Same as last year. I’m so gonna get in trouble).

8 Likes

No one is using the term to honor him in any way. It’s a term of mockery, like calling Trump “Orange Julius Caesar.” And he hates that the nickname has stuck (or at least did).

To use your example, it would be like if someone went viral for having a meltdown at McDonald’s in their bathrobe and earned the nickname “The Milkshake Monk.”

My nickname suggestion was “The Hanna-Barbarian” but it never really caught on.

IMG_0595

7 Likes

6 Likes

Ha, I just saw this image yesterday in my old downloads and was so excited to get to use it for something! Ya, beat me to it!

4 Likes

Oh, for fuck’s sake :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

An aside, but what is it with right-wingers and “hereby”?

3 Likes

It’s a magic SovCit incantation, used to make their deranged will official reality. Particularly appropriate for a “shaman”.

5 Likes

They can’t spell heresy? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes