The Queen Elizabeth II Meta Thread

Reading downthread from that tweet, on Twitter, other problemsolvers step forward to… y’know… help out, and some of their solutions are real howlers.

One solution IIRC involved a calculation taking the total mass of the Queen, total number of UK [human] residents, dividing and then the resulting 1 mg of Queen / resident could be mailed (each in a tiny coffin). Some clearly engineering-heavy solutions involved strong fast conveyor belts, drones, helicopters…

It’s worth a stop by and my partner and I did laugh out loud at some of the uh mutant genius solutions. I know it’s all irreverent but there are unhoused people in the UK sleeping rough and the monumental amount of money spent on all this pomp and circumstance while their fellow humans, their own countrymen / countrywimmin / countrypeople are in dire need, is beyond appalling.

1 Like

Ugh. I’ve got the olden VCR in the loop, and all the boxes set to their various channels, set to start recording at 5am EDT over a sacrificial Downton Abby tape.

4 Likes
1 Like

Apparently Herself will not be “buried,” as such, in the dirt, like a commoner, but rather stored in the basement indefinitely like an extra bit of furniture

9 Likes

Skeptics with a K: Episode #337

Marsh talks about what a new Monarch and a new Prime Minister means for skepticism, and Mike discusses scientific models and when we should break with them. Meanwhile, Alice has been to the European Skeptics Congress.

http://www.merseysideskeptics.org.uk/2022/09/skeptics-with-a-k-episode-337/

1 Like
2 Likes

So we’ve been watching since around 3:30 am. My wife has been up milling about since earlier because the cats wanted her to be up.

Sky News has pretty good coverage.

A lot of the activities look like a Monty Python sketch.

I did hear Biden was allowed a separate car and wasn’t forced to ride the Heads of State bus transport.

And it appears covid is taking the day off because I guess it’s not allowed at the Queen’s funeral. Not sure how that works but we shall see in a few days.

3 Likes

Oh, and needs more Tim Curry.

The_Three_Musketeers_1258727708_0_1993

6 Likes
8 Likes

3 Likes

Obligs:

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

mat best thanksgiving GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

7 Likes

In Buckingham Place still burning coal then?

2 Likes

Necroqueen!

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2022/09/necroqueen.html

4 Likes

Similarly…

This person could easily have arranged her estate to pay the bill but nope, apparently chose to stick it to her people.

Again.

11 Likes

And placed on the altar of God.

I was wondering if God cares about the crown, scepter, and orb. I wonder if God was even watching.

1 Like

This is very German meta. Or meta-german?

Anyway, it MMD.

I really do hope this is the right topic to post this.

4 Likes
9 Likes