The real reason Trump is contesting vote counts? To bilk his cult suckers out of $150 million

Don’t fret. This is just the grift icing on the grift cake. He has many long cons, both completed and in operation. This is just a quick short con of opportunity to tide things over.

1 Like

I think the mistake there is trying to ascribe strategy and rationality to Trump’s actions. Long-term planning just isn’t in the man’s wheelhouse. Nor do I imagine Trump would be a very good poker player.

5 Likes

I found Norton’s analysis compelling, but I think it’s a mistake to ascribe a single motivation to Trump (especially one so strategic). His narcissism and corruption give him a number of reasons to contest this election, and I’m not sure Trump himself is aware of his motivations.

4 Likes

Norton doesn’t really go with just a single motivation

I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying

— Edward Norton (@EdwardNorton) November 20, 2020
4 Likes

Yeah, I just think it’s a mistake to ascribe a primary motivation that’s so strategic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.