"The red MAGA hat is the new white hood."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/21/the-red-maga-hat-is-the-new.html

11 Likes

Biggest difference is you can see their faces, and in the internet age, that is a HUGE difference. Now we can identify those who proudly advertise their assholery. And reward them as they deserve. Eventually, they will have to retreat to a red hats only compound where everyone watches only Fox news and complains about the dirty immigrants. The rest of us can get on with life.

26 Likes

36 Likes

Alyssa Milano tells it like it is.

Sometimes, yes.

9 Likes

I don’t know. I think it’s probably the white MAGA hat that’s the new white hood.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is clear I was only referring to the one tweet I embedded.

9 Likes

Yes, yes it is. I am convinced that trump rallies are really just Klan rallies anyway.

28 Likes

Alyssa Milano, this succinct tweet makes you The Boss for 2019.

12 Likes

I had the same thought - I wonder if we will see the introduction of the ball cap with built-in mask next?

3 Likes

If there’s a market for it that’s willing to spend money on it, someone will capitalize on it.

7 Likes

Who would have ever thought that the tween girl from Who’s the Boss that also stared in such high quality films as Embrace of the Vampire would turn into a respected voice of the progressive movement?

Don’t forget she was sitting in the gallery in solidarity during the Ford/Kavanaugh testimony/circus.

12 Likes

Search for Klan and MAGA hat and you will see this comparison goes back to their first appearance.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I see them more as the current swastika arm band. It’s a cheap prop you can purchase for very little money that lets everyone around you know where you stand.
The hood is for hiding and not for public display. The hat and the arm bands serve the same purpose.
But I do agree with the sentiment.

46 Likes

Anyone else think that the randomness with which he wears that hat when making appearances is related to the maintenance schedule of his prosthetic hair?

22 Likes

Almost. At least the people who wore the hoods knew what they were doing was shameful and illegal, so they needed to stay anonymous.

MAGA people don’t care if you know who they are.

6 Likes

100%. It’s the reason he decided to wear a cheap, ugly ballcap while campaigning in the first place. Maintaining that seven-layer combover takes up way too much time when he could otherwise be watching Fox News.

7 Likes

Further complicating issues there’s this guy, right?

2 Likes

Which is helpful, because I really want to know which fuckers around me are these particular fuckers.

15 Likes

A little something I whipped up this weekend…

43 Likes