The retail TP shortage may be real and due to the shift in where we poop

I never pooped at work. Was always too tense. Barely had time to pee.
Once before work, once right before the day started (around 7), maybe twice during the day, once before going home at 5-6. Then after dinner, after beers, and before bed.
Fuck my old job.

3 Likes

So it’s not unruly teens?

12 Likes

We were given explicit instructions the day the “work from home” order came down that “oh yeah, don’t take the toilet paper”.

2 Likes

I have literally left work in the middle of the day to go home and take a dump.

2 Likes

I used to be like that but as you get older your body tends not to want to cooperate, and well…sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do (do).

So like changing in then gym locker room, I just don’t give a crap anymore (pun intended).

7 Likes

Fucken’ billionaires and their elitist April Fools pranks…

6 Likes

Power Point’s true moment to shine.

1 Like

Maybe TMI but the exception I’ll make is if it’s causing me to be particularly farty, because that negatively affects other people.

3 Likes

Raw materials are also a factor. Residential TP is made from wood pulp, and commercial TP is primarily thistles and gravel.

24 Likes

I saw a post from a bartender friend about a bunch of people that bought “toilet paper” from an online office supply store and then were really confused when a box of the thermal paper arrived and they didn’t know what it was.

6 Likes

Americans are no longer using the restrooms at their workplace, in schools, at restaurants, at hotels, or in airports.

Who poops at a restaurant? Seriously.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Think IBS.

7 Likes

Many years ago: An engineer here got canned for doing just that. He was seen (from under a men’s room stall door) flattening several rolls into his attache case. The witness notified one of the gate guards… and the search began. Extreme stinginess or kleptomania would explain the theft… but snitching on a toilet paper thief back then? I would have just called him out on it before hitting the gate.

2 Likes

I want to believe this, but I just tried to order from four different commercial suppliers (including a case of 60) and they were all out of stock. Can anyone suggest an a place that actually has it in stock?

3 Likes

Do what you love and never work a day in your life.

1 Like

Username checks out.

4 Likes

The normal stores around me have TP every day. My state has been on lockdown for weeks but my niece works at a currently open big box store. Every day they get some and most of it is sold by the end of the day.

1 Like

We, too, are having a problem finding toilet paper anywhere within five miles. We have six grocery stores within 2.5 miles and my husband found one roll after trying all six stores over the last 10 days. At this point, I can’t even understand what’s going on. I really believed that after 15 days, supplies would’ve returned to normal. I’m just sorry that I can’t give you with any helpful information.

3 Likes

On the other hand, as a worker in an essential service - I am delighted by how clean and well stocked the bathrooms are at work.

4 Likes