The second-dumbest tattoo in America

Fine society you apparently have there, if I have to believe your words. “Might makes right” seems the prevailing attitude where even the police are just a more organized band of fascistic thugs. Trust no-one, assume everyone is out to kill you, even the police. I had expected such a situation in some sort of third-world failed state like Somalia.

I prefer to live in a civilized country with the rule of law where conflicts are solved by courts and I don’t have to continually fear for my life.

2 Likes

I must have given you the wrong impression if you think I believe might equals right.

If I could wipe every gun off the face of the planet, or simply remove all of them from the USA, I would do so happily.

Skeet-shooting with lead-free shot and biodegradable clays is fun, but I’d deposit the 30,000 lives a year in my karma bank if I was given the choice. Of course, things aren’t so black and white… unless we’re talking about race in the US legal system…

1 Like

@teapot and @IanMcLoud Stop replying to each other. It’s going nowhere.

As for the second-dumbest tattoo in America, I don’t know what the first-dumbest is, but I know the coolest:

2 Likes

Why is it that the gun lunatics thinks that someone is somehow wrong headed to be scared of people with guns? The whole point of gunwanking is to wave a gun in people’s face so that the holder can get a stiffie from feeling how powerful they are. And when that sort of behavior stops giving a powerful enough stiffie some of them start killing people.

If someone walked down the street waving a club with spiked nails in the end or a samurai sword I would be just as worried.

If someone wants to behave like a threat, I have no problem with law enforcement using them for target practice.

Well of course your level of fear will be affected by your specific situation. For sure there are fearful situations around guns.

But many peoples’ reactions and fears around guns is mostly illogical, based on their limited experience around guns, with much of their exposure showing guns being used to hurt people on TV and video games. I know someone whose fear is so great it includes cops. If she was standing in line at the grocery store behind an armed cop she would envision him turning around and shooting her for no reason.

Now like I said, one has to put things in context. Some guy with a gun tucked in a waistband, yelling at you for cutting down trees is probably a prudent fear. But say some guy open carrying at Walmart shouldn’t illicit the same fear. Most gun owners harm no one with their guns. But the assumption that they are all dangerous and the fear some people feel around them is as irrational as assuming some guy in an elevator is going to rape you, or the black guy walking towards you down the street is going to mug you.

1 Like

Look dude. If you threaten someone while holding a gun in any way, you have committed a crime. Police will be called. Unless the person is somehow determined to be a threat to you you should be charged.

2 Likes

Exactly, most folks don’t walk around with a gun in their front waste band unless they intend to use it or flash it at somebody.

It is not a holster and its not a practical way to carry a gun safely.

1 Like

People (evidently) really do it, but I recall one memorable instance where, no, it did not work. I grew up in Arlington, TX (a nice place to be from) and remember reading the news about a guy who tried to rob a supermarket. He had a pistol tucked into his waist and it went off. As the newspaper put it, it discharged through his “member.” I wish I could find this on the web, it was early 1988…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.