The She-Hulk trailer is finally here

I’m triggered that it’s not coming to theaters soon.

1 Like

Just like with Captain Marvel and Black Panther: the people who are going to get most upset about this are most upset that it’s not about them, and it’s not for them. And we need more of that.

Hulk: Your transformations are triggered by anger and fear.
Walters: Those are, like, the baseline of any woman just existing.

9 Likes

Quite enjoyable. Right in a close second-place tie with Moon Knight now that I’ve finished that (Taweret for the win, she’s wonderful). So far, the best of these series have really leaned into some comic book weirdness. The more “normal” comic book superhero stuff like Hawkeye has been decidedly less interesting.

3 Likes

That’s my personal choice for best ‘phase 4’ tv series thus far.

4 Likes

I was surprised how much I liked it, and enjoyed the direction they took. Great actors in the roles helped. Isaac Oscar is fantastic. May Calamawy was a surprising delight. But I’ll never forget the moment he met Taweret and her little wave and “Hi!”

2 Likes

Girl: «Are you an Egyptian superhero?»
Pausing just for a moment, thinking about it for the first time, and saying it to herself as much as to the girl
Layla: «I am»

5 Likes

Girl: «Are you an Egyptian superhero?»
Pausing just for a moment, thinking about it for the first time, and saying it to herself as much as to the girl
Layla: «I am, but don’t think for a moment I’ll be getting my own MCU vehicle - my story arc is dropped like a hot coal towards the end of the series, my husband didn’t even think to ask what would become of me when he was offered that ‘snap’ back to his alt existence. I was merely here to forward the male hero’s journey. .»

1 Like

That is the cynical (and, yes, most likely) conclusion to her story arc, but I hold hope against all reason that Marvel will figure a way to work her into other stories. They have done a pretty remarkable job (for a huge corporation, anyway) of increasing representation of the full variety of (super)humans available. I guess we shall see.

5 Likes

Ever the joyful ray of optimism, you are…

4 Likes

That was lifted directly from an old Incredible Hulk comic using Sabra, an Israeli superhero. I’m not enough of a nerd to remember the exact issue, though.

Looking forward to She-Hulk.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you in the above comments singing the praises of Tatiana Maslany and Orphan Black. I got myself the first two series on DVD from a local seller today and just four episodes in, I’m pleasantly surprised. She-Hulk also looks like it’s going to be a hoot.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.