The She-Hulk trailer is finally here

And Alan Moore and Warren Ellis (not exactly nice men themselves) are saying “well of course those underwear perverts are murderous vigilantes! You are not supposed to like them!”

4 Likes

my wife: “she” hulk?! they couldn’t come up with a better name?!

me: uh. well. it was the 70s…

2 Likes

Big fan of Tatiana since Orphan Black. I’m one of those who immediately thought she should be in EVERYTHING.

The silliness of the trailer actually intrigues me more than the boring spinoffs (Hawkeye, really?) because I enjoy genre parody. I am planning the watch the f^&* outta this show.

4 Likes

I didn’t watch much of the show but I thought that Hawkeye was genre parody, doing a bunch of riffs on things like the Die Hard Christmas time action movie tropes? (As well as a healthy dose of self-parody.)

1 Like

There was a little more emphasis on his lawyering in the TV show than the Ben Affleck movie. He also doesn’t murder people in the TV show but he does give a lot of extrajudicial beatdowns, including to one of his own (recently exonerated) clients.

To Murdock’s credit he did do his best to represent said client in the courtroom but even so that’s gotta be some kind of ethics violation.

5 Likes

There y’all go again, inserting real world logic into comic universes, where both the laws of logic and physics are stretched to the point of breaking.

*lolz

7 Likes

This is a legal drama worth watching!

3 Likes

Now I’m imagining She-Hulk hiring Jessica Jones to do some investigating for her on the QT.

6 Likes

sounds like a fun show. I get the feeling that Disney plus might be a better pace to do marvel stuff than the big theatrical releases. There are so many comic books that are more experimental in nature and don’t pretend to be cataclysmic battles that will decide the fate of the entire universe.

2 Likes

yeah, it looks super plasticy. im kind of surprised they didn’t rely more on makeup and forced perspective given how amazing she is at expressing different characters ( rather than a full cg character )

they do have some time though. hopefully they’re hearing the feedback and working on it

( i also thought moon knight’s cg character was kind of bad. it didn’t matter so much though because his face and skin were covered. vision has been the best by far. maybe because they had the movie stuff at hand to work with? )

3 Likes

7 Likes

Well Capt Marvel was mmmmm, what is a grade above terrible? Black Widow wasn’t the best Avenger, but WandaVision was pretty enjoyable, and…

I might not like the movie when it comes, but I do love the comic.

Oh! Not aimed at me, cool then. Cool.

Although one plug for my fav supe that I somehow doubt will ever end up with her own MCU movie or even D+ special: Squirrel Girl.

I would love to be proven wrong on that though.

I think you misspelled “Loki”

(yeah, yeah, ok, fine it is ok to have different options about entertainment…)

4 Likes

Hulk: “Yes! Yes!.. No! No!”

I loved the camera placement and movement!

3 Likes

Beanie Feldstein is Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, directed by Taika Waititi - why is this not the newest Marvel series?!?

3 Likes

I’m just glad they canceled that live action series that was supposed to feature Squirrel Girl because I’d rather leave her out of the MCU until they get it right than ruin the character with something that looks like this:

I mean, c’mon. That tail would barely cut it for a Cosplayer at a comic book convention.

Marvel with Disney and DC with Warner Bros has always seemed backwards to me

Vision is supposed to look uncanny and plastic

3 Likes

It would be the same backward boneheads who threw fits when the role of Dr. Liet Kynes was played by a Black woman in DUNE.

3 Likes

Yes, you are spot on.

2 Likes