The south pole of Jupiter

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/26/the-south-pole-of-jupiter.html

7 Likes

Planet, or giant alien eyeball?

8 Likes

Reminds me of something out of Bloodborne. We’re staring into the abyss and it’s beginning to whisper back. Is the aqua/indigo coloring caused by the monoliths staging just beneath the clouds?

5 Likes

“… and then, it blinked…”

5 Likes

See how blue it is? That must mean it’s really, really cold.

Global warming hoax confirmed.

6 Likes

I thought it might’ve been a zygote.

3 Likes

Here is the weather forecast for the South Pole:
Cyclones will continue for the next thirteen thousand solar orbits. Outlook for the weekend foreseeable future: Thunderstorms, methane hail and drifting ammonia. Pressure: normal.

3 Likes

Agate. Proof once again that this space stuff is just all Hollywood and a closed sound stage.

1 Like

2 Likes

If the latter, find out what its owner has been drinking, and avoid it.

3 Likes

You can’t fool me. I’ve been on the internet. That’s the bottom of a worn frying pan.

6 Likes

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.

1 Like

I knew that travel agent was lying.

2 Likes

[quote=“beschizza, post:1, topic:101660”]show all areas in daylight, enhanced color, and stereographic projection[/quote]Translation: it looks almost but not quite entirely unlike the picture.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Is anyone able to find a similar photo of the Earths south pole?

Old Joke Opportunity:

A man arrived at a pier, anticipating the weekend river trip planned for that day on a pleasure craft for which luxury service had been promised. But once there, he was knocked unconscious, robbed, tied to a log, and floated out on the river. Once conscious, he noticed an older gentleman in the same predicament, floating along side him. Ruefully, shaking his head, the younger fellow – with great sarcasm – says to the older man, “This is just great… and I bet we don’t even get the champagne lunch” to which the older fellow says, “Yep. The same thing happened last year.”

4 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.