The Suburban Pittsburgh Book of the Dog

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/13/the-suburban-pittsburgh-book-o.html

2 Likes

With the exception of “Buddy”, this is virtually identical to the lists of popular names for human babies.

6 Likes

Raise your right paw if your name is Daisy.

4 Likes

If I ever owned a dog, I’d name her Stella, so I could call her like this…

9 Likes

Go for it. (Seriously, thats why i named her Stella)
:blush:

10 Likes

It is impossible to overstate the importance of this work. Or to state it.

6 Likes

My neighbors beat you to it, but the male half doesn’t do a good Brando.

1 Like

is there a movie or tv show with a dog named Bella? because that number is really outsized.

1 Like

I know two very…ummm…sketchy families who independently named their new Pit Bull puppies ‘Kilo’. Maybe in larger samples, the dog names might correlate to crime statistics.

5 Likes

Was that the name of the Yellow Dress character in Beauty and the Beast? I think you nailed it - there will now be a wave of suburban dogs named ‘Elsa’, soon.

1 Like

Daisy Mae Duke

9 Likes

Look at that punim!!!

3 Likes

Daaaaaawwww!!
I loves me some hound dogs.

1 Like

I wanna kiss that pupper on da nose.
(Okay, I’ll try to be an adult now.)

1 Like

Main character in the sparkly vampire books that shall not be named but are pretty much synonymous with that time near evening called dusk.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity I looked at the baby names list for the last few years, and they are in the top 100 names for the state, anyways. (With the exceptions of Buddy and Daisy.) The top-10 human baby names don’t overlap at all with the top-10 dog names, though. So there is no real distinction made between human and dog names - it’s just a matter of differing popularity.

If you shout “Bella!” at my local dog park, 3/4 of the young girls and 1/2 of the dogs will look your direction.

7 Likes

nice.
but it looks a lot more like Flash than Daisy : )

1 Like

Sigh.

Alright, stop teaching your dogs to do a Nazi salute, okay?

Though I can’t say I’m surprised.

2 Likes

To be fair, they are black cats, and therefore it’s unlucky for them to cross your path…

4 Likes