The Tesla Cybertruck now has a single hilariously large windscreen wiper

Originally published at: The Tesla Cybertruck now has a single hilariously large windscreen wiper | Boing Boing

5 Likes

What a boring video.

And what a boring design. Hey Elon, the 80s called. They want their DeLorean back.

31 Likes

“No easy solution,” supposed genius billionaire says of basic engineering challenge that has been solved by literally every automobile manufacturer for over a century.

47 Likes

Including several who manage to deploy a single wiper to address the whole windscreen. :man_shrugging:

18 Likes

So much for laser beams and ultrasonic solutions. Overthinking the problem when mechanical blades work just fine. Even Big Ass Blades™

9 Likes

Cocaine… A helluva drug.

10 Likes

As @anothernewbbaccount points out.

21 Likes

The (supposedly) smallest road-legal car in the UK has a pretty simple £1.99 solution for that challenge.

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure Musk is going to end up getting arrested during a massive cocaine bust and spend the rest of his life in Federal Prison.

8 Likes

My pet hypothesis is some dumbass crypto shenanigan. The John DeLorean comparison would in this scenario be perfect, these fellows rarely do real time.

23 Likes

My thought too. Elon’s wealth has lifted him to Slap on the Wrist, Pocketchange-Fine territory.

14 Likes

Like my 70s Scirocco, which worked all right, although they later went to a dual-wiper design.

16 Likes

The exterior design of the Delorean was awesome. Was better before compliance with bumper height requirements. The engine and handling was terrible.

But at a minimum for a vehicle that costs as much as this one - if it ever comes out - will probably cost, the wiper(s) should stow just under the hood like in most luxury vehicles.

I suppose with a different windshield design than a standard car, something so tall like that, you would need a different wipe design, perhaps. But maybe they haven’t nailed it first try.

I dunno -this looks like a concept car, which I find interesting in the same way a runway show is interesting - neat to look at but not practical to actually use/buy. I don’t think such a radical design will sell well, but who knows. :confused:

2 Likes

Honest question: Is the Tesla Truck capable of carrying a Tesla Truck windshield in its own bed? Because it does not appear that way.

6 Likes

Maybe he should have called it a metatruxk?

I hear it’s the new thing.

Is it capable of carrying its windshield wiper in its own bed? That’s not clear either.

6 Likes

Notice: I said nothing about Musk not paying his taxes.

3 Likes

Around 2:00 we see a tumbleweed cross the track by the broken down Cybertruck. So perfect.

“Deployable wiper that stows in front trunk would be ideal, but complex…”

Why do some people worship this guy?

7 Likes

Tesla did patent a wiper system using linear actuator a couple of years ago. Here they would have a perfect change to use it.

3 Likes