The time David Bowie photographed his aura before and after using cocaine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/26/the-time-david-bowie-photograp.html

1 Like

Still less weird than all those teenage girls he banged.

ETA: Better article here.

10 Likes

Yes, cocaine is a hell of a drug but good god, Station to Station is a hell of an album.

13 Likes

Not sure why but this reminds me that I need to watch The Hunger again. Auras, vampires, etc…

2 Likes

Kiss my aura . . . Dora . . .

3 Likes

This actually makes perfect sense if it’s affected by sweat. Cocaine causes increases in norepinephrine signaling in the body and that molecule is used by the sympathetic nervous system to induce sweating. You would see a similar result from galvanic skin response, an electrical measurement also related to the amount of sweat on the skin.

18 Likes

How much cocaine did his crucifix do?

15 Likes
3 Likes

Kirilian

Good name for a band.

1 Like

I didn’t know that the Thin White Duke was religious.

Maybe that’s why the cross is sweating.

6 Likes

He may not have been. In the video he said that it was given to him by his father, so he may have had it just for the sentimental value.

1 Like

I was trying to get my wife and daughter to watch it but the RT score was shockingly low for such a cult movie. I can just watch the opening sequence to “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” again and again.

2 Likes

You sir would be more brave than I. Catherine, Susan and Ziggy were not thinking that it was going to be a family film. Just say’n.

3 Likes

Kid is 15, they get exposed to worse that’s not a work of art. I know of younger kids that have seen GoT. I remember being taken to R rated movies in the early 70’s when I was ~10, specifically MASH and The Long Goodbye. I think I was scarred by the scene in the latter where the gangster breaks a bottle across his own girlfriend’s face and says to Marlow “That’s someone I love. You, I don’t even like.”

7 Likes

Now I know where this band got its name!

1 Like

It was a Contact high.

2 Likes

He should have been able to use that power as a defense against the soul-stealing Jimmy Page.

1 Like

Yeah, they were big in Japan.

1 Like

and how about you Fauna? You wanna ? Right here on the Flora ?

1 Like