The trailer for Locke & Key season three is here

Originally published at: The trailer for Locke & Key season three is here | Boing Boing

2 Likes

When AMC struck gold with The Walking Dead, comic fans knew that it would only be a matter of time until Hollywood began hoovering up other horror comics to adapt.

It blows my mind that we came thiiiiis close to Walking Dead being a police procedural, as apparently that’s one of the only types of scripted shows that tv producers are willing to make. (No, I don’t know what that would have looked like either.*) Every horror comic that’s been in development for television since has had to fight the same battle - and many of which have lost. (E.g. iZombie, Lucifer…)

Hollywood has decided that superhero comics are profitable and worth adapting in some at least vaguely familiar form, but it seems like, for everything else, it’s still a total crapshoot as to whether they’ll actually adapt it, or just use the name.

*I’m wondering if it would have been something like “The X-Files,” where the solution to every mystery turns out to be zombies.
Deputy Daryl Dixon: “Well sheriff Rick, it turns you were right, it was zombies!”
Skeptical Shane, in background: “There’s no proof of that.”

1 Like

I can finally invest my time into season 2, now that I know it’s going to be run to conclusion.

How very un-Netflix of them.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for this show, but at least the creators got to finish it the way they wanted to.

A reminder that the latest Locke & Key collection came out just a little while ago, including The Sandman crossover. (It fits most impressively with both series, I think.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.