The Trova Go+ storage box biometrically protects your valuables

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/the-trova-go-storage-box-biometrically-protects-your-valuables.html

How many seconds do you think it takes the LPL to open this?

Maybe not the best product to advertise on a site that regularly features videos about how insecure such products are.

9 Likes

It is because the Boing Boing shop is a complete joke and has nothing to do with what used to be the soul of BB. It is made to sell over-hyped and usually over-priced crap.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s a given.

1 Like

Anointed for your “elicit chemicals” (you can put your weed in there)

1 Like

Hi, Lockpicking Lawyer here and today I have the Trova Go+ storage box. This little box is meant to store your most important items, which for me, would of course be the key to Mrs. Lockpicking Lawyer’s Ben and Jerry’s ice cream lock.

They claim that this lock can only be opened by you, and with a $200 price tag, you have to assume that there must be some high level security tech keeping your valuables safe.

Today, I’ve decided to open it using this Dorito chip and a small rubber ducky. Setting the timer, and go…

6 Likes

6 Likes

Why can’t they focus on things the users would likely buy? Cute sweaters for grandkids and niblings, electronic cat toys, framed reproductions of vinyl art of iconic bands, or a DIY electronic synth with Kraftwerk tabs.

2 Likes

Well, all ya gotta do is cut someone’s finger off, or extract their eyeball if its using a retinal scan, and hey presto, you’re in!

Biometrics, if useful at all, are only good for fixed installations, with supplemented security by a human being, otherwise they are just invitations to mutilate.

I suspect they are using marketing bots. Anything faintly techy, yeah, BoingBoing readers are obviously & definitely the market segment, amirite?

1 Like

Yep, it was designed to carry your stash. https://www.fastcompany.com/90384310/trova-a-portable-biometric-safe-keeps-legal-weed-private

Not big enough to store the Balldo. :rofl:

absolute privacy

Really? Put $1,000 in one of these, lock it, hand it to me, and I’ll be inside in minutes utilizing only my absolute bench vise, absolute cold chisel, and absolute 2-pound hammer.

It sounds amazing about the biometrical protection of a box and there are multiple ways people like to have boxes with custom ways and designs it depend on the need of the people.
Recently we have the custom printed [soap boxes] and we will love the custom designs provided by Printingshell.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.