The Trump 63-second press briefing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/25/the-trump-63-second-press-briefing.html

5 Likes

Has the blue sliding door to the briefing room always been there?

2 Likes

It’s there so he can be slip slidin’ away.

The sooner the better.

9 Likes

Better yet:

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the 0 sec briefings.

17 Likes

Only now are the White House press corps realising how weird this all is? Or have they been so steeped in Biff’s Stockholm Syndrome that they’re used to the long, rambling nonsense pressers that’s held them hostage over the past four years?

18 Likes

You know, presidential norms.

If you call it Criminal presidential norms it makes much more sense.

The only thing consistent about these things is that it’s inconsistent with the White House lunacy we’ve been lulled into expecting.

You must be desensitized because if you don’t see this lame attempt to take credit for the Dow record as LUNACY then you have succumbed to the fog of bullshit.

That was some Dewey Defeats Truman level bullshittery that should go down in the history books as a clear example of trump’s dulusionary state.

6 Likes

So did he literally say: “Stock market’s up. See, we got that going for us.”?

He auditioning for a stint on Fox Business after this is over?

2 Likes

“The stock market rallied right after I effectively conceded the election to Biden” was a pretty spectacular self-own.

26 Likes

sacred number

Leaving off the obvious knowledge that it went up because Biden was elected and the transition has finally begun, this to me is the core of the rot at the center of America today. The idea that the stock market is precious and sacred and provides ANYTHING of value to the workers of this country is a sickness. Trump and others worship at the church of greed, a vile, corrupt, immoral place. It’s fucking depressing watching so many journalists think the conference was weird but not questioning his actual statement about the holiness of the stock market.

25 Likes

In 2016 Trump complained the stock market numbers were being juiced by the Obama administration to help Hillary.

Then he took office and immediately claimed the market was booming because he was elected.

Trump’s defeat only means the cult of Trump will get more unhinged and violent, and I fully expect OANN or Newsmax to take over for Fox News as the primary megaphone on the right.

9 Likes

Well, that was fucking weird!

Exactly what everyone’s been saying for the last 4 years.

4 Likes

I’m sure Murdoch is already in negotiations.

3 Likes

The press corps has been effectively barred from presidential briefings, on account of Trump doesn’t give them. Or, in this case, he gives them without warning, to the last few news outlets who he still has come control/faith in.

5 Likes

The problem, being called ‘the right’ seems to suggest divine providence which of course it doesn’t. Words. Echoing that title is equally culpable.

Even at 30,000, we’re still below where the previous trend line suggests we’d be:

5 Likes

I kind of wish I lived next door to Trump. Then I could say things like, “Hey, crazy loser”, “Look kids, it’s the filthy adulterer with stupid hair”, “Hey Don, you off to a Klan meeting”, “Too bad your underwear model took your kid and moved to LA”, or “You’re still here? Is it next week you have to report to the US Marshals for your first sentencing?”. The possibilities are endless.

5 Likes

They no longer care about “access”.

6 Likes

It just kina drives home how much he’s broken the thing.

When Biden (presumably) goes right back to the traditional format of press briefings, it’s not going to have the presidential mystique after everyone’s seen four years of this shit in the same room. You can get your hat back from the bully, but if they’ve ruined it with a sharpie there’s no victory in wearing it.

Hopefully the Biden administration will get this, and they’ll devise a new briefing format in a different setting, and generally restyle the office on both surface and deeper levels. That could even end up being a good thing.

5 Likes

Some people bring joy when they arrive, others bring joy when they leave.

4 Likes