The Trump-Kim commemorative coin now commemorates Trump's disastrous handling of the North Korea talks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/25/were-all-gonna-die.html

5 Likes

34 Likes

A fitting monument to Trump; a pile of toss.

1 Like

I saw they were making this. It is hilarious they did it before it happened. Wonder if they will be collectors items.

5 Likes

It seems that Reuters story used the wrong term: “… a first-ever meeting between a serving U.S. president and …”. Does anybody believe that this guy even knows what it is to serve his country?

10 Likes

I’ve decided I’m going to do my first Decathalon this year. I haven’t started training yet, but you ought to see the trophy case I’m building.

24 Likes

You just know trump is already casting his Nobel Peace Prize medallion. You know, with less Nobel.

3 Likes

Meh. It wasn’t well handled, but it’s unlikely there was ever going to be a positive outcome in the first place.

It’s somewhat clear that NK was going to use it as a ploy to extract concessions, and it wasn’t truly done in good faith. At this point playing hardball might be the best option.

1 Like

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a President who has such a high level of disinterest in the peninsula that he took 16 months to appoint an ambassador to South Korea was unable to pull off a successful peace summit.

12 Likes

And less Peace.

3 Likes

I want to make something wearable out of this token of failure. Is it big enough to make a belt buckle out of?

I’m asking because the server is too busy to let me actually see on their web site.

5 Likes

The coin is perfectly normal sized, many people say the size of the coin is great, the best size. Kushner has seen it he said he loves the size.

12 Likes

And if your hands are a bit on the small size, the coin looks YUGE!

7 Likes

But it’s back on now!

1 Like

They’re going to be auctioning these suckers off on eBay and making a fortune. The irony could hardly be more apparent if the coin was actually made of iron.

1 Like

You should just order the trophies yourself. You can’t trust the Fake lamestream organisers to give you one big enough or gilt enough to recognize your best ever time in history.

3 Likes

As far as I can see, Trump serving his contry on plate.

4 Likes

Trump’s favorite phrase is “We’ll see what happens”. It’s just another way to get his name in the news.

3 Likes

Pretty much.

this administration is a shit show!

6 Likes

“…The man was a deceiver, ever.
One foot on sea, and one on shore,
To one thing, constant? NEVER.

3 Likes