The Trump-Kim commemorative coin now commemorates Trump's disastrous handling of the North Korea talks

No doubt. We’re all laughing and joking about it now, but a year from now someone will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Case in point–the other day I decided to go buy myself a Zimbabwean $100 Trillion note on Ebay. They now cost 130 real dollars! It’s worth so much more now than it ever was when it was technically a currency. I didn’t spring for it, though.

5 Likes

Here is the coin’s description from the White House Gift Shop. Try to follow along.

Commemorative Medallion Coin
If Summit Does Not Occur
You can Request a Refund
Virtually all Customers Have Asked Us to Fulfill This
Unique Heirloom of Political History Regardless of Outcome

Special Note From Our CEO
Our project as has the project of another entity, DISA / WHCA, is generating sigjificant media attrention as well as an outpopuring of support from American and Korean people. Following is a copy of a recent post in response to inquires from customers, supporters and media.

We’ve answered many calls and communications. Our own medallion coin is “not identical” to the WHAC meadllion coin and was planned for several months prior to it.

When news broke and indicated this coin was from The White House Gift Shop, of necessity, we needed to clear the record.

Our coin does commemorate President Trump’s second year, his success in obtaining the release of three American hostages from North Korea, and does include the leaders of all three countries in its raised, bas-relief, design, iconographs of America, South Korea, and North Korea as well as peoples are prominent as are the colors of each country with symbolic representations of Americans and Koreans who fought and died for democracy. American and Asian symbols are elegantly used with President Trump on the coin’s front and President of South Korea and Leader of North Korea on the coin’s reverse.

We will not release an image of the coin until it is ready to deliver to our supporters worldwide who believe in peace and harmony and want our heirloom representation of peace and harmony in the Koreas if not now, soon.

Hundreds of magnificent people from South Korea have communicated with us in hopes that we will fulfill their orders even while summit talks seem stalled at the moment. We will, of course, continue to celebrate the spirit of peace and harmony confluent with innate dignity of humankind. For 70 years, we have supported through many representational products, some fun but many serious, the Presidency of the United States and refrain from poltics.

We support in words, actions, and objects of art America’s current 45th President, Donald J. Trump whose office had no involvement in either the DISA or the soon forthcoming WHGS medallion. As a military veteran, myself, challenge coins are special to the 1% who serve in the military to protect the 99%. A gift is endowed with unique engergy and spirit as it passes from the hands of a brother or sister to another who serves and knows. I still have my own father’s Mickey Mouse boots from the Korean War and my memories of a favorite uncle, a Silver Star recipient, who carries to this day shrapnel in his neck and spine from combat in Korea. The commemorative medallion and related Christmas and Holiday ornament I designed represents the best of America and Korea, a celebration of diplomatic communication, and an embrace of all those who want to succeed our President in his steadfast effort to secure denuclearization of the Koreas and prosperity for America while recognizing other countries have not only a right but a responsibility to seek and secure their own prosperities through peaceful and fair means (my personal opinion, of course).

Best regards, Tony Giannini, CEO / Director.

Note: The White House Gift Shop® holds all United States Patent and Trademark Office exclusive rights to its names and variants - often exclusively for former Presidents of the United States, U.S. Embassies, Departments of the U.S. Government, film and television studios, and patriotic Americans.

United States and Korea Summit Commemorative Coin in Black Velvet Coin Case
Original Giannini Commemorative Coin Medallion Design for the Only Original Official White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946 by Presidential Memorandum and Volunteer Members of U.S. Secret Service
Not Identical to WHCA Coin
Features elegant raised Icons & Historical Iconographs of the United States, of South Korea, and of North Korea with American and Asian Design Raised Relief Motifs in Gold and Perfectly Baked Enamels of Each Countries Traditional Colors
Harmony is the Unifying Design Theme
Silouhettes of All 3 Leaders: President Donald J. Trump, President Moon Jae-In of South Korea, North Korea’s Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un
Parchment History of Korea, the two Koreas, United States and Korean History
Clear 2-piece Plastic Protective Cover Set in a Black Velvet Jewel Case

2 Likes

I’ve seen better bottle caps.

Can you just imagine if trump got his mits on Snapple?

realfact_0

2 Likes

That’s a massive understatement. Listening to the experts, every single aspect of this was handled in the worst possible way. Trump misunderstood his role in what was going on (there were a lot of factors that led to KJU’s willingness to actually entertain making some deals that previously didn’t exist; Trump playing hardball was not a significant one). Trump’s attempts to play hardball are just sidelining himself from whatever happens going forward- China and South Korea are in charge of this, now.

Yeah, when he says that, he really means, “I have no idea what’s going on.” In the same way that “many people don’t know” means “I had no idea until someone just told me.”

After reading that: “What the fuck?”

3 Likes

I think this coin might be a rip-off of a rip-off. If you look at the website, it says “Photo Coming Soon” and “Not Identical to WHCA Coin” (White House Communications Agency). And the coin that’s currently in the news, which is not for sale, is the WHCA challenge coin (of which only 250 were made). So, people pre-buying at this site are buying a coin whose design that they haven’t even seen.

Which sucks, because I had been planning to plow my BTC investments into Trump-Kim challenge coins.

5 Likes

That’s what I also gathered. I’m just completely baffled by the item copy. They posted the same thing on their Facebook page. Nobody thought to proofread?

2 Likes

I heard that in Emma Thompson’s voice before it registered as Shakespeare. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Hey, nonny, nonny…”

1 Like

It also shows he has no vision of, or ability to lead towards, an actually desirable outcome. Instead he’ll just wait and hope someone else fixes his fuckups.

4 Likes

Sorry, gotta disagree with you there. He doesn’t care if his fuckups get fixed because he will just claim them as victories, and his base will eat it up.

“Greatest tax cut in history”
“Coal is coming back.”
“Showing those illegal immigrants who is boss”
“Trade wars are good and easy to win”
“Started working on the wall”
“Showed Kim who is boss”

1 Like

Fair point.

I do Love Emma Thompson but I remember her most fondly from the Young Ones:

com-gif2-to-mp4

7 Likes

I think @sosumi mentioned her because I paraphrased a poem from Much Ado About Nothing, and Thompson portrayed Beatrice in the film adaptation.

4 Likes

I’m just easily distracted today. I probably should just give up and ignore work and go on to Netflix and watch that film.

3 Likes

Well, it won’t pay your bills, but it might make you smile.

I enjoyed it more than most films that are based on Shakespeare’s works.

3 Likes

Maybe can declare moral bankruptcy?

2 Likes

I’m reminded of his “health care reform is so easy, I have a plan” promise which turned into, once he was in office, “I thought they’d have the health care reform laws passed and ready to sign as soon as I took office. Who knew this was so hard?” He definitely makes promises with the expectation that someone else will figure it out and do it for him. But yeah, the rest of the time, he just makes vague statements about what great plans he has while waiting things out, hoping it will turn into something he can spin to his base, even if nothing actually gets done.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s how he runs his businesses. And if no one can, he declares bankruptcy.

4 Likes

Maybe but think of all the lulz we are going to be missing out on.

1 Like