The two genders, according to cis people's gender reveal cakes

In fact, until not so very long ago in the scheme of things, boys were dressed as girls until about 6 or 7 years old.

Including Hemingway!

Then, when considered ready, boys were ‘breeched’ and in some classes it was almost a ceremonial event.

Read about it all at the link below. Lots of pictures, too.

15 Likes

It’s like they were trying to go for Nantucket red pants…and missed the mark by a little bit.

1 Like

Yes, they haven’t developed the arm strength, let alone the coordination.

3 Likes

Well I looked that up, never having heard of those, and learnt something new. Well, two things actually:

Nantucket Reds were originally inspired by cotton trousers worn in Brittany.

3 Likes

Just cut an interview with Mike Huckabee who wouldn’t shut up about how the constitutional framers never meant for “56 different” sexes when it was written, therefore it should not be applied to gay/ trans rights. I’m sure his argument for people of color is very similar. He was busy slamming justice Roberts for “siding with the liberals”.

These people simply aren’t smart enough to live in a non-binary reality. Everything is black or white and interpreted to suit their own definition of reality. They are totalitarians and little dictators each and every one and they need to be removed from having input in how we shape our countries future. They simply are not intelligent enough for the job.

15 Likes

I didn’t know that. Having grown up with the color/style, it never occurred to me to research it. Interesting!

3 Likes

Guns

or bows , , ,

12 Likes

I’m enby and very much with you there! Do I spend my energy constantly pointing out the problems with phrasing like “he or she” in damn near everything or do I just let it piss me off in silence? Gender reveal parties are absolutely one of the more obnoxious manifestations of the enforced dichotomy.

I found a single hosted source via Google scholar. I don’t know if it’s reputable as such, but its where I would start if I were referencing it in a paper and couldn’t find a difference source. (I miss having Ebsco!)

9 Likes

Wait until we tell them about bow sports.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Oh, good lord, I went there:

11 Likes

Penne has two n’s

5 Likes

And that tradition wasn’t set in stone either. For example, the two most famous paintings in the Huntington Galleries are a pair of late-18th-Century portraits popularly known as “Pinkie” and “Blue Boy.”

pinkie-and-blueboy

9 Likes

https://read.dukeupress.edu/glq/article/1/3/237/69091/My-Words-to-Victor-Frankenstein-Above-the-Village

There’s little FREE icon – so it’s not just me.

4 Likes

It used to be common practice in the more Catholic areas of Europe to dress and groom children the same way regardless of gender until they received First Communion. So, there are pictures of my grandfather with long hair and wearing a white dress.

13 Likes

That tears it. If I ever have a baby boy, I will hire Charles Robinson to jump out of the cake.

/s but also intrigued

1 Like

PDF download works, thanks!

1 Like

Ooh, so much this. So, so much.

13 Likes

Wait, “bows” wasn’t referring to Merida’s killer archery skills?

9 Likes

My daughter would love that Burnouts or and Bows cake. She’s a girly girl who loves working on cars.

Also, if I have this right*, what people call “gender reveal” is “biological sex reveal” instead. Gender is how we feel on the inside, and doesn’t mean the same thing as what kind of people we are sexually attracted to. Three different things, right?

`*If I’m not right, please let me know. I’m trying to keep up with this for selfish reasons - I feel vindicated that society finally acknowledges that people can be more than just one thing or the other. My life would have been much easier… no, just a bit easier. There’s still that whole misogyny thing going.

13 Likes