The two genders, according to cis people's gender reveal cakes

If even that. It’s really just a Shape Of The Little Tiny Genitalia Reveal Party, but I guess that gets too uncomfortably close to the truth.

10 Likes

Here ya go:

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Its not even that.

ETA:

13 Likes

Oh, I despise those sorts of blogs–they haven’t yet learned to cite their sources, and most everything goes back to pinterest.

Meanwhile, the museum that owns the piece may have exceptionally high resolution, colour corrected imagery, with a firm date, and more information about the artist.

Like this-- the resolution isn’t quite up to the met’s standards, but the colors are different.

but finding the original takes a bit of cunning.

4 Likes

Huh, by the process of elimination, apparently my gender is: sparkly glitter pink bow boot tutu heels tiara. Which is weird because only the “boots” bit actually applies. But those are all the better options because I am most definitely not a sports police car wheel gun baseball basketball football burnout touchdown tractor. Wait, does that mean I’m actually agendered in the US? American genders are so confusing, I’ve honestly never really gotten the hang of them.

True story: I identified with Chewbacca. Looking back, it explains so much about my life…

I’ve seen them repurposed that way, and it was like, “Oh, finally this actually makes sense!”

I’m thankful I don’t know anyone who would do this bullshit, because I know I couldn’t keep silent. It would probably be the end of the friendship, even if I tried really hard to be educational rather than confrontational, because it pisses me off so much.

12 Likes

I hate these parties with a passion.

My son and daughter were born 18 months apart and people often thought they were twins. Both liked to have short hair and both liked to wear sundresses. I didn’t have any particular agenda gender wise other than to let them explore and figure out who they are without me or the world forcing preconceived ideas on them.

It was interesting watching strangers try to figure out how to address them. I recall one day waiting in line for ice cream and two older ladies where talking with them. I could see the brain gears working over time. The kids started doing spins so their dresses would fly up. They were not wearing anything under the dresses so eventually the ladies got flashed some genitals and their brain gears could finally stop working over time. It still boggles my mind why they cared or how that information was at all useful.

20 Likes

My favourite pink manly (?) thing:

3 Likes

people freak right the fuck out if when they ask if its a boy or a girl you say, ‘its a baby’.

and then they have the gall to say you are subverting the natural order of things not letting them know which camp to indoctrinate your offspring into. IF ITS NATURAL YOU DON’T NEED TO WORK SO DAMN HARD AT IT THEN DO YA?!?!?!?

15 Likes

now now its “how are we going to brain wash this child in the future… based on what we think their genitalia means” it has great significance to those who think things are so naturally inherent that they must drill it into everyone’s minds.

6 Likes

When I saw that, I immediately thought “Burnout” meant the kid who ditches class to smoke weed. Even though the cake was tire shaped >___<

And the first Badges or Bows cake I’ve seen (there’s been a couple of them now) I assumed was for a female police officer. But no, it was badges or bows. Because you have to pick one, you can’t pick both, and you certainly can’t pick neither.

Where are the people who refuse to make gay wedding cakes? Because if they’re refusing to make cakes, they can refuse to make, well, all of these.

5 Likes

if its any consolation the person who “invented” the fad feels horrible that it exists now.

(still hating on the can’t post till someone replies back policy I DONT want to attach this comment on one of my other comments yes I get you want to end spam but geeeeeeeeeez I’m contributing something to the conversation)

8 Likes

People who are attention-seeking freaks always gravitate towards stupid shit. And then post it to YouTube.

4 Likes

19 Likes

There’s nothing inherently gendered about a baby shower. I mean, yes, growing up my dad called them “hen parties”, but that’s juts because female friends invited female friends. Like, you could just invite anyone, though. Anyone you want to have at your baby shower. If the name is an obstacle, you could pick pretty much anything other than “Gender Reveal”. I like “Prebirthday”.

2 Likes

I shall never have children (you’re welcome, world), but if I did, I’d totally throw a gender reveal party. We’d cut the cake, which would be filled with clear unflavored gelatin. I’d make everyone take a slice, and we’d eat it, while celebrating the gender of our child. If anyone asks what it means, I’d stare at them and slowly chew clear gelatin and cake with my mouth open until they looked away from me.

14 Likes

I mean, brushing your tongue does have some benefits. If you want to retch less from fellatio it helps to regularly brush your tongue and get used to that.

6 Likes

This is exactly what leaves a bad taste in my mouth about these types of celebrations: forcing preconceived notions of what it “means” to be a boy/girl onto the child. Like you said, it is a non-inclusive “or”. You’re pigeonholing the poor child and continuing the damaging practice of condoning certain behaviors as “not manly” or “unfeminine”. Drives me bonkers.

3 Likes

So my dentist is flirting with me?

6 Likes

That should tell you something about how society has gendered parties like this… meaning baby showers.

4 Likes

‘anks f’ da a’vice ::choke:: ::spit:: I mean, thanks for the advice.

4 Likes