The weird and wonderful Kit Kat flavors you never knew existed

Originally published at: The weird and wonderful Kit Kat flavors you never knew existed | Boing Boing

1 Like

Kvikk Lunsj is the best KitKat flavour

ETA: If you’ve never tried it, the chocolate quality is SO MUCH better.

5 Likes

The green tea flavor turns up in the international food aisle in the local chain supermarket; I’d be inclined to say it’s the most readily available.

More recently I have sampled the cookie dough and popcorn flavors, which were also readily available – though I can’t say I found them to be at all noteworthy.

2 Likes

While Kvikk Lunsj and the British Kit Kat were both highly rated, Hershey’s Kit Kat was a giant fail. The major problem: The chocolate didn’t really taste like chocolate.

The same old, perennial problem with US “chocloate”.

And not really wishing to derail the thread further, it is interesting that the Norwegians tend to associate it with hiking, etc. That is the very specific origin of the Ritter Sport bar. One of the founders (?) of the family firm, Clara, decided the bar needed to be designed to fit in the pocket of any sports jacket worn for outdoor activities, such that it would fit neatly and not break or stick out of the pocket.

6 Likes

I had seen that there is a Key Lime KitKat flavor and was sad I’d never seen one until I tasted the blueberry. It was awful.

1 Like

Gimme a break…

6 Likes

But Kvikk Lunsj is even better than the European Kit Kat!

Yes, it’s from an era where any kind of sweet was seen as mainly giving you energy. Even today the inside wrapper of every Kvikk Lunsj will tell you the rules of behaving correctly out in Norwegian nature.

3 Likes

timely post; my wife just gifted me a wasabi kit kat pack from Narita’s duty free shop.

/it’s white chocolate with just a bare hint of wasabi

2 Likes

I was ready to be repulsed by ‘edamame milkshake’ but then I realized that’s basically just a fanciful way of describing sweet soy milk. Which is… fine for a Kit Kat flavor. Not exciting, but fine.

All these Asian Kit Kat flavors, like the various Asian Oreos, sound interesting enough to actually make me want to eat one, something I haven’t done for a few decades. Although I suspect I’d mostly be disappointed, as the added elements are likely to just be sweet and kind of nondescript in their actual flavor.

3 Likes

mmm, pistachio sounds great.

1 Like

That one is delicious surprisingly! My favorite is Japanese Sweet Potato!

2 Likes

I’m probably still imagining something far too like American-market confections, which have so much sugar it overwhelms everything, whereas in reality they’re far more subtle and interesting than that.

1 Like

… like, our pancreases?

2 Likes

Taste buds, pancreases, cardio vascular systems…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.